Program Manager, VisaNet/Global Service Quality Award
- San Francisco Bay Area, CA, us
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This position is primarily focused on supporting the Director and his/her stakeholder team in ensuring that the organization effectively executes on its multi-year strategy, initiatives, organizational alignment and communication, and key business target metrics. The position is responsible for managing and supporting revenue-generating and client-facing initiatives within the Processing, Testing and Configuration (PTC) client support organization with a specific focus on managing established client performance and recognition programs involving VisaNet / Global Service Quality Awards. The incumbent drives initiatives to enhance existing services, improve client satisfaction, implement process efficiency, demonstrate organizational contribution/success and ensure employee and client engagement across the organization.
This is an individual contributor role reporting to the Director of Empowerment & Performance Excellence organization within the PTC function within Client Support Services
(CSS). The role will require extensive interaction with resources at individual contributor and executive levels across multiple cross-functional areas, such as Visa Operations, Development, Account Management, Implementation, Call Center, Product, Sales, and within Global
Solutions. Additionally, the successful candidate will interact externally with prospects and clients. The position can be based at Visa’s offices in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA, including Foster City; Highlands Ranch, CO; Ashburn, VA; Miami, FL; Toronto, CAN.
Coordinate and support strategic projects and goals in the business unit. Manage special projects with end-to-end ownership and accountability. Achieve project goals by engaging effectively with stakeholders at all levels across Visa, including operations management, technical subject matter experts, business partners, vendors, Visa senior management, and Visa client base. Strategic projects include:
Client Satisfaction: Drive, review and response to input received from clients on individual interaction and annual satisfaction surveys. Coordinate cross-organizational action, generate demonstrable results and deliver internal/external communication around improvements made.
Department Meetings: develop and prioritize agenda topics,
follow up on action items and manage closure of open items. Coordinate the
agenda activities around the strategic plan, financial results, stakeholder engagement,
and “hot” issues / opportunities.
Plan for critical meetings that involve the Director including schedule management, pre-work, meeting topics, supporting materials and follow-ups.
Develop and execute on program deliverables relevant to Visa-sponsored client attended events (e.g. Global Service Quality Awards, Visa Payments Forum, et al).
Track action plans and develop staff communication on progress.
Support the Director in the following:
Communicate organizational goals and executive updates via various communication channels.
Oversee department operational and administrative functions, including ensuring departmental compliance with Visa’s standard operating procedures, as needed.
General day-to-day support, to support adapting prioritization and execution of business objectives in a fast paced and ever changing environment.
Demonstrate and leverage strong business and financial acumen.
Manage through influence, and with modest management authority.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree beneficial, and/or commensurate experience.
- Typically requires 8 (eight) years of staff, service, or project management experience in operations- or technology-related industry, of which at least 3+ years includes experience in payments (financial, processing, etc.).
- Self-starter with a passion to drive results, with ownership, accountability, and a spirit to succeed.
- Proven ability to service and support a range of internal and external customers, often in parallel and within a shifting set of priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, with proven leadership success over a wide variety of functional business problems.
- Ability to structure, manage and coordinate complex cross-enterprise projects and processes with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain client / stakeholder confidentiality, and build strong, trusted relationships with key internal stakeholders, and external customers.
- Strong inter-personal and communications skills, as part of information-gathering, consensus-building around potential solutions, and “sell-in” of recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Outstanding writing and presentation skills to communicate complex concepts to a broad audience.
- Able to set priorities and manage expectations, and work both as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to be flexible and realign priorities as needed, able to manage divergent expectations.
- Sense of creativity, wonder, humor and team spirit is imperative.
- Mature working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel,Power Point); MS Project and CRM tools, e.g. SalesForce a plus.
Hard-working, fun team that values our dynamic collection of experience, backgrounds, and perspectives. One size most definitely does not fit all, and we firmly believe in doing things outside of the way they've always been done, if the new way could be better. We are fluid, dynamic, and always looking to evolve and improve, either ourselves, each other, our product or our experience. Dreamers, doers, and practical jokers welcome here.