Director, Digital Solutions - Visa Canada
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Visa has built the world’s premier payments network with advanced processing and value added services. “Visanet” is capable of handling more than 50,000 transactions per second, with convenience, reliability, and security, including fraud protection for consumers and guaranteed payment for merchants.
In response to the accelerating pace of change in the payments industry, Visa continues to expand its digital commerce capabilities and solutions within the Canadian market. We are currently seeking a digital commerce professional that understands the rapidly expanding digital environment and can keep ahead of the ever-evolving curve.
You will be an individual who is able to understand a business challenge, conceive a digital solution, architect it, and assist clients in bringing it to market. The person will be able to work effectively with a senior level audience as well as a technical implementation team. A collaborative approach to solution development is a must and experience in direct client engagements is necessary.
The role is part of the Canadian Digital Product Team. This go-to-market role will be the organization’s product lead for various digital initiatives and capabilities. This role reports to the Canadian Head of Digital Product.
You are highly collaborative, bring a structured approach to client implementations and documentation and employ a deep technical understanding of various digital products.Responsibilities
- You will serve as the product leader and technical subject matter expert for a number of digital product initiatives including but not limited to, the Visa Token Service, Digital Issuance, Visa Ready and card on file.
- Coordinating closely with the global digital team, Canadian product team, sales, and the marketing and communications teams to ensure that the digital product initiatives are deployed seamlessly and localized effectively for the Canadian market.
- You will support implementation and sales in the technical integration process.
- Document and track the implementation of various digital initiatives in Canada and lead the evolution of existing digital products
- Troubleshoot existing implementations in an expedient and thorough manner
- Manage the technical development and implementation of innovative mobile/digital proofs of concept with key stakeholders with the responsibility of leading these from concepts to commercial rollouts.
- Other technical/product tasks and initiatives as required
- Engineering degree in computer/electrical engineering or computer science, or equivalent technology expertise and acumen acquired through work experience.
- 7-10 years product and/or technical product management experience, with a strong focus on digital products, services, and/or platforms.
- Do you have extraordinary change leadership skills with experience driving new initiatives in large organizations?
- Demonstrated track record of executing on product strategies and leading technical implementations that deliver measurable business results
- Proven ability to work with Technology, Product, and MarComm to deliver and execute an integrated product offering and go-to-market plan.
- Ability to communicate complex, often technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Are you an analytical thinker, team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities?
- Naturally optimistic and energized by delivery of new products to the market.
- Have deep knowledge and passion around emerging payments technologies and their potential to change commerce.
- Collaborative, bringing a structured problem-solving approach to client engagements and documentation, employing solutioning, moderation and facilitation skills
- Experience in working with customers in identifying business requirements to drive product development efforts
- Analytical, fact-based and the ability to synthesize and organize data/information
- Advanced planning, organizational and problem solving skills
- Extraordinary project management skills with the ability to lead multiple activities with both internal and external partners
- Ability to translate product complexities into practical business solutions appropriate for Visa and its clients
- Flexible and creative thinker with the ability to define business tradeoffs, generate out-of-the-box solutions and manage uncertainty
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.