Senior Director: Global Product Strategy and Planning for Visa ID Intelligence
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
As authentication becomes exponentially more complex, with countless new options and possibilities, Visa is developing solutions to simplify access to a proliferation of authentication services and providers. In doing so, Visa will make authentication simpler and smoother while enabling clients to create new consumer experiences that would have been previously infeasible or impractical.
The Senior Director will be responsible for the product strategy and planning, which includes assessing market trends in the authentication space, evaluating and selecting platform partners, defining the product roadmap with our technology counterparts, and collaborating with our commercialization teams to develop market entry plans. They will also act as an authentication subject matter expert and thought leader by maintaining an in-depth knowledge of authentication trends, technology and service providers. https://usa.visa.com/partner-with-us/developer/visa-id-intelligence.html
- Utilize a deep understanding of the authentication industry in order to benchmark competitive services and recommend platform partners
- Lead the development of short-term, intermediate, and long-term strategic business plans for Visa ID Intelligence
- Manage the product development roadmap from strategic planning, requirements, feature prioritization, and ongoing operations
- Drive the development of key platform enhancements such as rules engines and machine learning models
- Support client integration for complex initiatives, and provide secondary support for regional team as needed
- Prioritize coordinate delivery across cross-functional teams within Visa
- Act as an authentication subject matter expert to assist in sales meetings and industry events
- Help provide industry best practices through white papers, webinars, user forums, workshops, client meetings, and other engagements, as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree desirable
- 10+ years of experience working in technical product management or consulting, with a strong background in authentication
- Strategic thinking skills – ability to anticipate upcoming trends and changes in the broader environment and apply them to Visa ID Intelligence
- Proven success in building products from concept to launch. Able to articulate the value/business case of the product and utilize a consultative approach in engaging key stakeholders.
- Strong commercial acumen; understands the economics of client’s business and how authentication products can impact a client’s P&L as well as the commercial drivers of Visa’s business
- Team player – comfortable working in a matrixed environment with multiple stakeholders
- Exceptional communicator – effective in interacting and building relationships across all levels of Visa and client organizations. Able to adapt the communication of strategies to the needs of their audience
- Ability to negotiate/influence a wide variety of stakeholders by finding compromises and win/win scenarios
- Strong problem solving skills – able to analytically break down problems into a solution
- High energy, motivated team player, able to effectively lead across functions and teams to drive projects and key initiatives to completion.
- Multiple language speakers preferred, but not required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.