Vice President- Marketplace & Competitive Intelligence, Americas
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Visa is one of the top 50 most admired brands in the world. It is recognized as a leading employer and can be found on the lists of: The World’s Most Innovative Companies, The World’s Most Respected Companies, The World’s Most Ethical Companies, America’s Best Employers and The World’s Most Valuable Brands, to name a few.
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
- Do you want to create tangible financial impact for Visa by driving better decisions and faster response to global marketplace and competitor moves?
- Do you enjoy systematically gathering and assessing information to develop pragmatic insights that drive action and outcomes?
- Identify and assess marketplace and competitive opportunities & threats in Americas, inform regional/country strategies
- Do you want to be part of the team that proactively identifies emerging threats/issues. and then serve as corporate “early warning system”?
- Reactively provide POV/implications for competitive actions or market developments.
- You will develop pragmatic and actionable recommendations on potential Visa responses/actions.
- Develop rigorous, fact based, quantitative analysis to support insights.
- You will ensure strategic and financial soundness and alignment for any recommendations.
- Act as a catalyst for senior management (global/regional/functional) to take action
- Communicate recommendations to senior management in a clear, concise and impactful way
- Act like an owner, manage to a prudent budget
- Provide leadership and continuous coaching and training to broader strategy teams
- MBA or relevant graduate degree from top-tier institution or similar academic / professional experience
- 15+ years of total experience with 10-12 years of post-graduate experience. You will have a combination of management consulting/corporate strategy and operating experience
- Experience in and/or significant exposure to the payments industry required
- Ability to independently lead and manage projects with multiple workstreams, with proven leadership success over a wide variety of functional business problems
- Ability to structure and manage complex cross-enterprise projects and processes with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, attention to detail and ability to structure and analyze sophisticated financial modeling
- Experience working with economic theories, strategic and prioritization frameworks, scenarios analysis, and competitive assessments. Knowledge of payment industry revenue drivers a plus
- Executive presence with a knack for clearly communicating compelling messages to leadership and external partners
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility as a "peer" with functional/regional leaders
- Commitment to continuous training and improvement of employees throughout the broader corporate strategy function
- Self-starter, team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities.
- Ability to function independently in an ambiguous and evolving environment
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, technology is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics, NFL and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of more than 11,000 talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.