- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
We are a global payments technology company working to enable consumers, businesses, banks and governments to use digital currency.We connect consumers, businesses, banks and governments in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
- Process and maintain accounting records for business units/sub-regional offices and other system interfaces to ensure a high quality of accounting accuracy, timeliness of reporting and compliance to corporate policies, GAAP, SEC and SOX requirements.
- Assist CEMEA Accounting Manager to obtain, review, analyze and communicate financial and non-financial data and reports.
- Ensure transactions are captured, recorded, summarized and reported in compliance with policies & procedures, US GAAPs, IFRS,as well as statutory, corporate and tax requirements (as applicable).
- Responsible for the financial statement preparation both under US GAAP and Local IFRS
- Preparation of journal entries, accruals, prepayments, deferrals and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Responsible for the supervision of the fixed assets of CEMEA along with the related depreciation/amortization and reporting schedules for both financial and tax records.
- Executes the re-measurement analysis from local currency to US currency by adhering to FASB 52
- Responsible for the preparation of federal and local taxes along with the required tax reporting deliverables
- Manages the cost center certification process for the multiple cost centers in the region and ensures timely submission to Corporate
- Ensures compliance with existing and new accounting policies for both US GAAP and local IFRS including specific materiality thresholds used in the region
- Reviews and validates the petty cash reimbursements by ensuring proper segregation of duties.
- Responsible for the transfer pricing calculations Inter Company Settlements.
- Assisting GL team in uploading journals and extracts reports for analysis.
- Participation in special projects. Identify any potential financial related risk areas and provide sound recommendations and solutions to Visa for mitigation of the identified risk.
- Handle ad-hoc projects as assigned by the Management
Handle the I-Procurement process form Accounting point of view and coordinate with stakeholder
- Meet accounting deadlines for monthly, quarterly and annual financial close.
Degree in Accounting.
Professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA CPA or equivalent)
Minimum 3 years of relevant post qualification experience (ideally in a multi-national
publicly traded company)
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to work well in a fast paced and high volume environment
- Experience in a Big 4 public accounting firm is required.
- Strong technical accounting skills, and experience researching and documenting
- Knowledge of Oracle, Hyperion and other related tool
- Advanced in Microsoft office applications – Excel, Word, Access
- Ability to work well under pressure and juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment