Head of Digital Products, Commercialisation
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Within Visa Asia Pacific Products organization, the Digital Commercialization team is responsible for identifying new opportunities for digital and mobile payments, creating customized strategies for Visa across diverse markets and delivering the capabilities required to capture these opportunities in one of Visa’s most dynamic and innovative regions. One of the key product initiatives that the team is leading in Asia Pacific is Visa Token Service.
The Head of Digital Commercialization, Asia Pacific will be a key contributor to the success of Visa Token Service across Asia Pacific region. This role requires analytic thinking and good understanding of payments business in Asia Pacific context, as well as expertise and knowledge on core Visa and digital payment products and VisaNet processing. The ideal candidate will be a structured thinker and creative problem solver capable of working independently as well as collaborating across multiple regional and global stakeholders with strong communication skills.
- Lead commercialization of strategic digital payment initiatives such as Visa Token Service within Asia Pacific region by collaborating with mobile and digital payments colleagues in Asia Pacific as well as in San Francisco.
- Define Visa business rules, technical specifications and product requirements in Asia Pacific region related to Visa’s digital solutions to ensure that regional requirements and interests are taken into account in global product plans for Visa Token Service and other relevant digital payment
- Support in-country teams and Visa’s clients as subject matter expert on Visa Token Service and other digital payment solutions with scoping and defining go to market strategies for digital payment programs across Asia Pacific region.
- Develop regional Strategy & Thought Leadership for Tokenisation that includes scaling mobile, CoF,
eComm and IoT.
- Lead third Party partner engagement to aid in the delivery of Visa’s digital ecosystem strategy (TSPs,
EMV Vendors, Region Device / POI vendors
- Lead the development of Go-to-Market readiness; Sales collateral, project plans, technical project documentation (NHPP, Passive Tokens, Digital Controls, Contactless ATM, BLE, Token Scan &
- Leads a team of SMEs whom are responsible for the management of EMV Standards (+ QR, BLE, Token Scan & Pay), Pricing / Rules Centre of Expertise, Product maintenance (rules, variances, waivers) and all aspects of commercialization of these Visa assets Develops narratives that link tokenization, risk products, digital risk products into broader Ecosystem whitepapers in partnership with Corporate Communications
- Liaison with Global team on AP Region client needs API development
- Maintains a balanced internal / external view to identify risks / opportunities for the use of Visa
APIs or the integration of 3rd party APIs into Visa platforms
- Inputs into AP Regional pricing discussions around bundled services, Development of client facing
artefacts for use by Sales, Merchant Solutions, Product and Digital Solutions
- Works with VTS, VC and Risk Specialists to ensure integration of common design, language and purpose standards around Digital Products & Capability client facing artefacts
- MSA & schedule management
- Define key metrics and develop dashboards and reporting capabilities for systematic tracking of Visa’s digital payment performance in Asia Pacific.
- Communicate Visa’s digital payment solutions and go-to-market strategy to internal and external stakeholders including clients, regulators and industry partners.
- Business or Engineering degree preferred – masters advantageous
- At least 10 years of relevant payments processing and/or operational experience preferably in Asia
- Knowledge and understanding of payments processing, chip technologies, tokenization, NFC and
mobile payments as well as Experience working with API’s, client interfaces, or prior software engineering experience is advantageous
- Strong ability to analyze technical specifications and explain complex technical concepts in simple languageExceptional collaboration and communication skills, with the ability to drive consensus in cross-regional and cross-functional teams
- Strategic thinker who can balance big picture strategy and detailed, flawless execution
- Flexible and proactive trouble-shooting capabilities with the ability to manage diverse groups organized within different organizational reporting lines
- Process-oriented problem solver who can adapt within a multi-tasking environment
- High attention to detail and quality for all work products Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills, and proven ability to influence and communicate effectively