Director, Compensation APAC
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
As a key member of the global Total Rewards team, support and implement Visa’s total reward strategy and manage local compensation programs and practices in Asia Pacific (AP) countries. Ensure that reward programs are competitive, cost effective, able to attract and retain talent, and adequately aligned to our global philosophy. The role will be responsible for reviewing, implementing and recommending changes to compensation programs, monitoring trends and effectively communicating programs to local HR, management and employees. Consult with managers and members of HR team to address various reward and HR issues.
Principle Responsibilities/Key Result Areas
• Provide strategic compensation consulting to local management and HR on hiring/job offers, internal equity, compensation reviews, retention, rewards or any compensation related issues in assigned geographies
• Participate in the development and drive the execution of compensation processes and initiatives such as annual review, incentive and equity plans, competitive and ad hoc analyses, projects and reporting for AP countries.
• Manage and conduct job evaluation process in assigned countries in alignment with global job leveling criteria
• Recommend salary surveys and survey providers that provide best data for benchmark jobs in relevant markets, help determine appropriate job matches in salary surveys and work with business managers and global compensation collegues to define relevant peer group companies at the country level
• Recommend competitive local pay strategies based on local market factors and key Visa jobs and skills; recommend salary increase budget and guidelines by country.
• Support budget and forecast process for assigned countries by providing relevant information and analyses to Finance, line managers, HR and global compensation team.
• Provide local support in administering incentive plans, including short-term and equity-based long-term incentives
• Support with designing and review of sales incentive plans
• Actively participate in annual review process. Lead the annual review compensation process for assigned countries. Provide local support in communications, training, consulting with managers, system testing, etc.
• Proactively identify opportunities for organizational effectiveness and make
• recommendations to management.
• Support international assignment process by working with global program manager, relevant HR, local managers and assignees on an as-needed basis
• Partner with others on Compensation and HR teams to support workload and execution, sharing/transfer of knowledge, increase understanding of international issues and all aspects and considerations around compensation programs and practices.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Typically requires a minimum of 10-12 years related compensation management experience
• In-depth knowledge of compensation program design and management, ideally in international and specifically in assigned countries
• Leadership skills (interpersonal skills, communication skills, motivational skills, supervisory and time management skills)
• Experience and skill in managing relationships with senior-level executives and providing top-quality customer service
• Exceptional modeling skills, analytical and quantitative skills, including spreadsheets and HR databases
• Must demonstrate the ability to think strategically and routinely contribute new ideas and finds solutions to business challenges
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and demands.
• Strong teamwork skills required to work in a fast moving matrix environment.
• Demonstrated teamwork and relationship-building skills, and ability to lead by influence and example.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including interpersonal and presentation skills. Fluency in English
• Ability to present information in a concise and meaningful manner to managers and executives.
• Strong planning, organizational, consulting and problem solving skills.
• Excellent analytical skills and the ability to develop quantitative models (e.g. business case and complex forecasting). Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
• Excellent project management skills with ability to drive consensus in cross regional and cross functional teams.
• Ability to exercise good judgment and handle confidential information.
• Experience working in a global environment on compensation and related issues strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of equity plans and international compensation issues strongly preferred.
• Partner with others within the Compensation group, the Total Rewards function and the broader HR team to support workload and execution, sharing/transfer of knowledge, increase understanding of international issues and all aspects and considerations around compensation programs and practices.
• Strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint); knowledge of Workday and compensation management tools (like Towers/Watson REWARD) desirable.