Staff Software Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa’s Digital and Mobile Product Development (DMPD) team is building a new generation of products to facilitate commerce in everyone’s digital and mobile lives. At DMPD, we are focused on creating smarter payment solutions that provide fast, easier ways to pay with phone, web and other digital devices wherever you are – remote or proximity payment.
As a staff software engineer within Visa DMPD you will form a leadership role in the development, and deployment of complex solutions that process millions of transactions per day worldwide. We are looking for experienced leaders to interact with business and technology stakeholders across the enterprise and be responsible for the quality of large-scale technology initiatives. Staff engineers exercise independent judgment and take ownership of deliverables with little or no supervision. Candidates need to participate in design and development grooming meetings and make test development decisions based on best practices. Staff engineers are expected to fill in for cross-domain leads, as needed, thus some supervisory responsibility is required, to include peer code reviews, delegation of tasks, managing bug triage and escalation of critical issues.
- Design, lead and implement backend related software as part of our Visa Digital Commerce Application (VDCA) Services team
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for major VDCA backend components
- Develop REST Services using Java and Spring
- Manage configurations, builds, branching, and deployment issues related to delivered code
- Work independently and provide guidance to junior developers
- Groom, Review and challenge requirements and implementations designs
- Conduct peer reviews for implementation of new features
- Communicate status frequently in daily Scrum
- Bachelors in Computer Science or other technical field
- 8+ years relevant work experience or an equivalent mix of work and project experience in software development or testing
- Strong knowledge in Java EE, Spring and Hibernate
- Experience with developing Rest Web Services
- Solid knowledge of Oracle and SQL
- Experience with build tools like Maven, Jenkins
- Proficient in JUnit, TestNG, and other languages or tools
- Experience with tools like Rally, JIRA, Sharepoint, wiki, etc
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Data Analytics and aggregation using Splunk or other tools