Sr Software Engineer(REF4203J)-Digital and Mobile Product Development (DMPD)
- Bengaluru, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
· Develop next generation payment applications, write solid code following best development practices.
· Work as a part of scrum team executing the products requirements working architect, product management and other teams in an agile manner.
· Develop web framework based on best practices.
· Execute POCs for visionary initiatives.
Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields with a minimum of 4 years of experience.
· Knowledge of MVC design pattern
· Experience of programming in Java, J2EE
· Experience with web services standards and related technologies (HTTP, Spring, XML, JSON, REST)
· Solid understanding of database technologies and SQL.
· Knowledge of NoSQL Databases is a plus.
· Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures and algorithms.
· Proven problem solving skills and an ability to respond resourcefully to new demands, priorities and challenge
· Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, source control (GIT, SVN etc)
· Experience with build tools (Maven, Gradle etc).
· Ability and desire to learn new skills and take on new initiatives.
· Proven ability to work and have fun in a team environment.