REF7770L - Senior (Full Stack Java) Software Engineer
- Bellevue, WA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Cloud platform & Infrastructure Automation team is responsible for building Visa’s private Cloud Platform and to automate infrastructure deployment/provisioning tools that developers & infrastructure teams at Visa use to deploy and run code. Our mission is to make it easy for developers & infrastructure teams to provision environments (DEV, TEST & Prod), deploy systems, monitor, and auto-scale their applications. Security is one of the primacy focus at Visa Inc. and our team is additionally responsible to make sure we keep Visa’s servers free of any vulnerabilities. The role is for a self-motivated individual with software engineering skills and expertise in open systems technologies.
Responsibilities – what you’ll do:
• Develop new user-facing features for private cloud and vulnerability management applications.
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use
• Partner with internal and external stakeholders to understand business problems and then design and develop required solutions
• Partner with architects to ensure developed solutions adhere to established best patterns and our architectural target state
• Provide rotational on call support for problem analysis and resolution as scheduled or required
• Responsible for driving security (patching / vulnerability management) at Visa Inc.
• BS degree with 3 years or MS in Computer Science or related technical field.
• Experience building MVC web applications using C# or Java.
• Strong experience developing front end application in both Angular 1.x and Angular 4/5.
• Good understanding of HTML 5, CSS3, and Bootstrap
• Hands on experience writing stored procedure/functions in Microsoft SQL Server.
• Experience building and integrating secure REST APIs.
• Experience with MVC Architecture, or Spring Framework is a plus.
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
• Experience with GIT, Jira and Jenkins is a plus.
• Write software code following best practices and must meet security requirements.
• Experience working in an agile environment with rapid prototyping cycles.
• Should be ready to go the extra mile to meet the project milestones.
• An ability to understand front-end user’s requirements and a problem-solving attitude
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.