Lead Business Intelligence Engineer
- Palo Alto, CA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Areas for which you will have responsibility:
- Covering end-to-end BI and Data strategy inclusive of partnership with internal and external stakeholders
- Leading critical aspects of the data management and application managemen
- Being an individual with in-depth technical knowledge and hands-on experience in the areas of Data Management, BI Architecture, Product Development, RDBMS and non-RDBMS platforms
- Possessing excellent analytical skills, able to recognize data patterns and troubleshoot the data
- For the design and delivery of data solutions to empower data migration initiatives, BI initiatives, dashboards development, etc.
- For the design of ETL processes and able to explore the POC/prototype options
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Minimum 10 years data architecture/ETL Development experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills Banking or financial experience is a plus
- Technical Knowledge Big Data/Hadoop (Hive, Hbase, Impala)
- Solid background in UNIX/Linux Microstrategy/Tableau Knowledge of relational and dimensional data modeling
- Knowledge of DB2, Oracle/Exadata
- Excellent SQL skills Deep understanding of Data Architecture and Data Management principles
- Knowledge of data modeling tools (ERWin, Embarcadero) is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.