Senior Vice President – Financial Institution Sales
- New York, NY
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Position can be located in NYC, NY or Wilmington, DE
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are more than 12,400 talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Senior Vice President/Senior Business Leader, Visa USA Financial Institution Sales, is responsible for growing the business with Visa’s largest and most complex client. This position is responsible for increasing strategic value to the client, growing client and Visa revenue, and strengthening executive relationships through identifying and implementing strategic growth opportunities. The position will lead a cross functional team of internal partners and will work closely with client executives to create value for both organizations. He/She will have direct supervisory and management responsibilities of a core team.
• Responsible for the growth, profitability, performance and operation of the payments business for Visa’s largest and most complex US Financial Institution client
• Manage the client's consumer credit, commercial, small business, debit, and prepaid payments vision and strategy on Visa products and provide the leadership and focus to drive results; develop strategic relationships with the senior most management and all decision makers.
• Create and implement innovative solutions that drive the client’s strategic priorities
• Expand and complement the considerable business skills of the team with experience in sales, product development, project management, business development, marketing and operations.
• Manage and maximize the return on all resources applied to the client including sales, product, marketing, technology and operations resources
• Demonstrate leadership in setting payments strategy for the client in association with internal Visa Inc. stakeholders and the client executive team.
• Key to the success of this role will be his/her ability to liaise with marketing and product development in launching new products/services or expanding penetration of existing products/services into the client. He/she must take hands on leadership in this area and ensure the company's products/services are solutions that bring value to and are embraced by the client. Ideally, this position will bring vision and foresight that translate into product/service definition, in advance of the client's recognition of need.
• Establish and manage a world class account team (both direct and matrix) and organize it as a cohesive entity to pursue a range of business opportunities over the short and long term.
• Analyze and carefully monitor on an ongoing basis market trends, activities and competitor actions to enable the account team to develop and implement pre-emptive strategies and plans for the client.
Key Selection Criteria
Consultative Selling – Win New Business Opportunities
• Identify, pursue and close new business opportunities such as co-brand portfolios that drive incremental revenue to Visa and the client, and secure brand decisions for Visa
• Increase/maintain Visa’s share of client’s business by identifying and selling new product, marketing and innovative technology opportunities
Financial Acumen - Shape Financial Results
• Apply financial analyses to evaluate business opportunities and make strategic choices
• Ensure that budget, profitability and earnings targets are based on valid assumptions and appropriate business models
Results Orientation - Drive Organizational Success
• Get results that have a clear, positive direct impact on business performance.
• Enthusiastically support the organization and influence others to commit to its mission and vision.
Strategic Thinking - Shape Strategy
• Identify and integrate organizational strategies to achieve and sustain competitive advantage
• Develop strategic solutions that leverage the core capabilities and competencies of the company.
Decision Making - Use Seasoned Judgment
• Make timely decisions, balancing analysis with decisiveness.
• Make decisions that optimize organizational performance.
Analysis - Drive Systematic Implications
• Clearly define complex issues despite incomplete or ambiguous information.
• Recognize key interrelationships and patterns among a variety of problems and issues.
Talent Enhancement - Develop Organizational Talent
• Develop a highly motivated, cohesive and productive team in a matrix environment to deliver results for the company
• Create a climate that inspires development and in which risk taking in pursuit of learning is valued.
15 plus years business experience with related sales and management experience in the payments industry or similar experience in consulting
• Experience managing credit and debit portfolios (marketing, sales, product development and/or operations)
• Four year college degree required; MBA preferred
• Strong knowledge of payment products
• Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing a complex, competitive sales effort
• Proven ability to create strategic solutions ( product/business development, marketing, and/or technology solutions) and implement them to drive top line results
• Proven ability to implement strategic initiatives, policies and operational decisions
• A record in leading high performance teams
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective relationships with all levels including executive management
• Exceptional ability to manage & grow internal and external resources and cross functional relationships
• Ability to negotiate business agreements and to enhance existing and develop new business partnerships
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.