Staff Software Engineer (REF7508I) - Digital and Mobile Product Development (DMPD)
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
We are looking for a talented, technical, proactive, energetic, and passionate person who embraces challenges and is a proven problem solver. You will be a part of a dynamic team tasked with multiple projects ranging from developing REST/JSON APIs to Back-end Batching applications using Java, J2EE and open source technologies that are highly available, secure, scalable, and robust. You will own and drive projects from start (gathering requirements) to finish (release into production).
As a key member of the development team, the candidate should be comfortable with driving technical ideas and communicating clearly with technical as well as non-technical audiences.
- Work with product owners to analyze and refine business requirements
- Leading a small team on medium to large complexity projects
- Design and develop highly scalable, available, secure, quality and fault-tolerant systems using Java, J2EE and open source technologies
- Usage of security and quality tools to ensure highly secure and quality releases
- Driving the application of production monitoring and alerting tools
- Drive team development efficiency and coding standards
- Lead code and design reviews ensuring application of code re-use and design patterns
- Provide technical and design guidance for systems that are reliable, massively scalable, highly available (100% uptime), and maintainable
- Design and development REST/JSON and SOAP/XML API's
- Actively monitor production and solve any potential production issues of various complexity using tools such as Splunk
- Mentor junior team members
- Foster development best practices within the team
- Identify and drive process and technology improvements
- Lead communication and technical integration with cross-functional teams
- Be an innovative thinker and implement innovative ideas
You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field and 10+ years of Software Development Experience or a Masters with 8+ years of Software Development Experience
You have expertise of Core Java, JEE technologies, REST and container based technologies.
Experience with back-end technologies such as J2EE, JDBC, JMS, Spring, Hibernate, JMX
Experience with SQL and relational database usage with commercial-grade databases.
You have experience architecting solutions with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery in mind
Expert in OO design and design patterns
We count on your curiosity and creativity, to want to understand customer requirements and our processes and want to come up with creative solutions
While you’ll have the skill to see and understand the big picture, you’re able to stay focused on the task at hand to achieve immediate goals
You’re great at systematic and accurate research wanting to uncover the smallest detail
You have amazing work ethics that will help us all work extremely well together
Exceptional oral and written communication skills
You have proven experience as a technical leader with ability to understand the requirement and architect, design and build the solution.
You have the passion to understanding people and to always striving to improve our products and services!
Experience and working knowledge of GIT is a plus
Working knowledge / experience with test automation tools is a plus
Experience with the payment industry and technologies is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.