Director of Risk Analytics
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Key responsibilities and expectations include, but are not limited to
• Deliver high quality data-driven analyses that provide key insights leading to actionable recommendations.
• Translate business problems into analytical framework and insights.
• Execute on the analytic plan with appropriate data mining.
• Strong project management experience with ability to manage multiple analytics requests and priorities at the same time.
• Work with senior leaders and business partners to understand critical business problems and areas of opportunity, influence to implement recommendations.
• Manage and execute projects independently from end-to-end; work with cross-functional and cross-cultural teams to deliver on these projects.
• Foster analytic competency to support and increasingly guide fact-based and timely decision-making.
• Be an SME and thought leader on fraud risk-related analytics, enhancing Visa's analytic capabilities, with a strong understanding of payment network and fraud risk.
• Continuously strive to increase the value that Risk Analytics brings to Visa and our clients.
• Be an advocate for analytics inside and outside Visa.
• Identify and respond to analytics / data trends and opportunities.
• Champion the use of data-driven decision-making.
The right candidate is passionate about analytics, is an expert on the evolving trends and approaches for analyzing big data, and excels in problem-solving with a positive, can-do attitude. Other foundational qualities include creative thinking, flexibility, a strong analytical ability to address complex issues, hands-on experience working with large volumes of transaction data, and the desire to drive continuous improvement.
Specifically, we are looking for candidates who meet the following criteria
• Minimum 7 years of proven work experience in highly analytical environment performing complex business analyses, generating data-driven insights and presenting them to stakeholders.
• Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor. Demonstrated ability to solve business problems through data-driven quantitative methodologies. Experience in fraud analysis, detection, and prevention a plus.
• Innovative thinker, with an eye to developing new solutions and tools.
• Exhibit intellectual curiosity and strive to continually learn.
• Detail-oriented, expected to ensure highest level of quality/rigor in reports & data analyses.
• Results driven, has ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong multi-tasking skills, ability to adapt to changing needs of the organization.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills – experience in developing well-structured communications and presentations.
• Strong interpersonal skills and professional presence to build credibility at executive levels within Visa and with clients.
• Self-starter and able to execute, solve problems, and operate independently without detailed directions.
• Team-oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style, with the ability to tailor data-driven results to various audience levels.
• Builds relationships and works effectively with cross-functional teams.
• Has desire and demonstrated ability to work cross-culturally.
• Global mindset.
• Hands-on Hadoop MapReduce and Linux/Unix/AIX experience is a plus.
• Understanding of payments, banking, and retail industries as well as consumer credit, consumer debit, prepaid, small business, commercial, co-brand, merchant, and bank card businesses.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.