Senior Director, Innovation and Strategic Partnerships
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Visa’s Innovation and Strategic Partnerships organization is responsible for managing Visa’s overall innovation agenda and initiatives and the management of strategic partnerships with critical non-financial institutions.
The Senior Director will work with Digital Commerce Partners (digital wallets, new age payment devices, technology providers and consumer platforms). These partners have enabled capabilities for consumers and businesses to conduct digital commerce seamlessly.
The Senior Director, Innovation and Strategic Partnerships, is responsible for identifying and implementing partnership opportunities for a large and complex partnerships. The role requires an experienced sales and business development professional who can identify potential deals, develop the tactics and manage the teams needed to bring them to fruition. The Innovation and Strategic Partnerships team works closely with Visa’s Core Product and Digital Solutions as well as other stakeholders such as Legal, Finance, Marketing, etc. teams to execute partnership agreements and deliverables that are typically highly complex, strategic and cross-functional in nature.
- Segment Expertise:
- Support the Strategic Partnerships and Innovation executive team in developing the overall group strategy, specifically for Digital Commerce
- Identify strategic opportunities for Visa capabilities through a strong understanding of the segment and customer's business needs, leveraging Visa solutions across all product platforms.
- Continuously review market landscape, identifying developing partnership or acquisition opportunities that will position Visa as the market leader
- Account Management:
- Develop and execute customized account strategy, objectives and plans to increase revenue and market share for select strategic partner accounts
- Lead the account and relationship management and sales plan for these accounts, ensuring that the client’s business objectives are met
- Working with the innovation team: recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches to grow client’s business
- Align the cross-functional teams on key proposals including representation from Legal, Marketing, Product, Operations, Market Research and Technology.
- Lead the development, negotiation and signing of proposals by working with various internal stakeholders and relationships with strategic partner executives
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure partner implementations are on track and delivering against plan
- Take the lead in solving the problems that arise during the execution of programs with partners
- Proactively identify and solve complex problems that impact the management, relationship and direction of the business
- Report to and interact with senior management and executives to indicate the status of the partnership progress
- Foster in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with the client and the Visa organization
- Proactively educate the Visa organization on market developments and partner opportunities
- A minimum of 10 years business experience with related sales and management experience in the mobile, software, hardware or technology services industry
- Payments or financial services industry experience preferred
- Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing a complex, competitive sales effort and managing deals from negotiation, to closing and through delivery
- Proven record of implementing strategic initiatives, policies and operational decisions
- Strategic thinking and thought leadership
- Teamwork, interpersonal & relationship-building skills, and ability to lead by influence and example
- Proven ability to partner, communicate and manage/navigate through multiple disciplines and organizational groups
- Experience “managing up”, building Executive Level communications and delivering presentations
- Ability to work within a complex and often ambiguous environment, and to influence senior management and other relevant parties
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Executive presence; Strong written and oral communication, including large-group presentations
- Team oriented, collaborative and flexible
- Ability to influence and work within matrixed environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.