Manager, Business Planning & Strategy
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Business Operations & Strategy, this individual will play a key role focusing on Visa’s operations & strategic initiatives in Canada, directly supporting the Visa Country Manager & President, and the Canadian Leadership Team.
Relocation assistance and or sponsorship will not be offered for this role.
- Project ownership and management of key strategic initiatives for the market as defined by the Visa Canada President & Country Manager
- Build strategies using fact-based methodological approach, facilitate internal cross-functional workshops / strategy sessions, conduct business cases, make recommendations to management regarding key business challenges / opportunities (i.e. strategy for key growth segments, market data strategy, etc.)
- In collaboration with the global strategy team, develop and maintain a perspective of relevant global and Canada-specific payments trends and how these impact Canada.
- Analyze VisaNet data, market reports and benchmarks to identify performance gaps and improvement opportunities.
- Support annual strategic planning process & development of long-range revenue growth plan
- Own and maintain executive level management reporting: monthly dashboards & scorecard, initiative pipeline, strategic initiative evaluation, quarterly client dashboards, etc.
- Build & optimize sales team / client management operations functions for issuers, acquirers and merchant partners: optimize quarterly business review process, lead development and management of client webinars; oversee coordination of annual client survey; manage weekly client updates to North American group executives; coordinate client hosting & event management, lead Salesforce integration for market, etc.
- Partner with Communications / Public Relations team to develop and maintain an internal & external communications & public relations agenda (i.e. determine Visa presence at external conferences & speaking engagements, develop content strategy, etc.)
- Support Country Manager & President with development and management of presentations & content for key internal and external executive meetings including, for example: Visa Canada Advisory Council, Canadian Executive meetings, CEO market visits, All Staff presentations.
- Four year university degree required; MBA preferred
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience, extensive experience in payments preferred
- Strategic thinker with inquisitive mindset; ability to problem solve and work through ambiguity
- Strong project management & planning skills with ability to progress multiple priorities concurrently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, superb presentation building skills with mastery of relevant tools like PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.
- Strong collaborator with proven track-record of working effectively with cross-functional teams
- Strong detail orientation, ensuring the highest level of quality/rigor in reports, data analysis & presentations
- Self-motivated, results-oriented individual with strong business acumen