Director, Issuer Processing and Enablement - Product Operations and Strategy
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This role is a new position within Issuer Processing and Enablement (IP&E), primarily focused on supporting the Senior Vice President (SVP) of IP&E and his/her direct reports ensuring IP&E effectively executes on its multi-year strategy, initiatives, organizational alignment and communication, talent management, and overall Scorecard objectives.
This position reports to the SVP of IP&E. The role will require extensive interaction with senior level executives within Visa Inc., across multiple cross-functional areas, such as Visa Technology, Digital, Product, Finance, Sales, Account Management, Implementation, Call Center, and Marketing. Additionally, the successful candidate may interact externally at executive levels, with partners, prospects and clients. The position is based at Visa’s headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA.
The position requires the ability to assess a broad set of technical, quantitative and qualitative issues and opportunities in parallel, synthesize this information into key points and priorities, and take action or make recommendations to the SVP of IP&E and Visa Inc. executive management to drive results for the business. This role will have opportunities to program manage some of the most strategic business projects for IP&E while also focusing on and prioritizing tactical, sometimes mundane, but critical tasks to ensure the business is operating effectively.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and support strategic projects in the IP&E business unit and interface with the IP&E leads. Manage special projects with end-to-end ownership and accountability.
- Support the IP&E SVP and the Planning and Analytics team in the overall IP&E P&L management on the business side, and help drive critical decisions to develop, challenge and manage the departmental operating budget.
- Work with the various IP&E leads for strategic planning and management of the IP&E Scorecard with periodic updates. Aggregate pertinent information to inform strategies, gaps, opportunities and provide executive updates. Create and manage the Scorecard and other key projects with repeatable and effective processes to help measure the organizational and operational efficiency with comparisons and trending.
- Community involvement: represent IP&E’s vision and its interests on cross functional teams, act as a liaison between IP&E and other Visa teams and help position IP&E as an enabler for Visa and its strategic initiatives
- Proactively work closely with IP&E SVP on organizational planning, scheduling, meeting preparation, pre-work, and post meeting follow-ups. Support the IP&E SVP in communicating organizational goals, executive news (good and bad), via various communication channels.
- HR & Staffing: ensure that department objectives can be met through sufficient staffing and collaboration. Partner with the HRBP for personnel planning, recruitment, skillset development, retention and succession planning. Assist the IP&E SVP in the review of staff issues. Meet with staff members to enforce, drive, and train on policies and procedures, as applicable.
- On behalf of the IP&E leadership team, and Operating Committee, help manage Visa Inc., and sub-divisional processes, reporting, tracking, approvals, and other action items.
- Support the IP&E SVP by overseeing department operational and administrative functions, including ensuring departmental compliance with Visa’s standard operating procedures, as needed.
- General day-to-day support for IP&E SVP, to support adapting prioritization and execution of business objectives in a fast paced and ever changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters preferred.
- Typically requires 5-10 years in processing services, financial services or a technology related industry, of which at least 3+ years includes experience in payments.
- Self-starter with a passion to drive results, with ownership, accountability, and a spirit to succeed.
- Proven ability to service and support a range of internal and external customers, often in parallel and within a shifting set of priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, with proven leadership success over a wide variety of functional business problems.
- Ability to structure, manage and coordinate complex cross-enterprise projects and processes with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor.
- Ability to quickly assess an opportunity’s potential, leveraging fact-based analyses and industry experience.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain client / stakeholder confidentiality, and build strong, trusted relationships with key internal stakeholders, and external customers.
- Strong inter-personal and communications skills, as part of information-gathering, consensus-building around potential solutions, and “sell-in” of recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Outstanding writing skills to communicate complex concepts to a broad audience, with exceptional PowerPoint and presentation acumen.
- Strong financial skills, working within Excel and other tools, managing data sets, creating pivot tables, charts, and interpreting output, leading to recommendations.
- Negotiating and contract skills and strong interpersonal skills to influence cross-functional team decisions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.