Business Development Manager – Merchant Sales & Solutions Japan
- Tokyo, Japan
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Japan Merchant Sales & Solutions team is responsible for the short and long term growth of merchant acceptance for Visa’s existing and new Digital products and services. The team is focused on expanding acceptance for contactless and enabling a cash free market in conjunction with our Tokyo 2020 Olympic games. The team will achieve its success through working with and through its acquiring partners, key merchant partners and the technology firms driving innovation in the market place.
The MS&S Manager will lead the execution EMV contact & contactless deployment with a team of local acquiring domain experts, key merchants & POS vendor/System Integrators who have the primary objective of meeting local government EMV mandate. He/she will work closely with regional Hub MSS team to ensure local market closely aligned with regional/global merchant strategies & key focus.
The role also focus on taking ownership of the business relationships with key acquirers and merchants through sales efforts aimed at ensuring that the objectives of acquirers and merchants is met while growing the Visa business.
More specifically, the role encompasses management of merchant acceptance matters, which involves creation of compelling value propositions for acquirers and merchants to:
- Serve as the lead project manager to drive the deployment of Contactless payments (Visa PayWave) while helping key merchants meeting the METI EMV compliance mandate.
- Manage partnerships with key acquirers through the selling of Visa acceptance products / solutions as well as managing the day-to-day relationship
- Provide support to acquirers in developing and executing their go-to-market strategy especially for payWave terminal growth
- Build direct relationships with key merchants, identify strategic opportunities for Visa’s capabilities and develop account plans with the objective to drive incremental business and volume
- Negotiate business contracts with acquirers and merchants, and related acquiring parties including payment facilitators, payment gateway providers or digital wallet operators to achieve business goals
- Work with cross-functional teams (both internal and external) to provide merchant centric products and solutions to increase merchant preference for Visa and create business opportunities
- Bachelor Degree preferably in business management or a related field
- High level of English language proficiency in formal business communication (verbal and written)
- Knowledge of the payments industry with 3 years plus experience in the payments industry is preferable
- Comprehensive knowledge of EMV contact & contactless chip payments, including the EMV transaction flows from POS terminal to the Visa network
- A technical understanding of POS acquiring ecosystem including all the relevant stakeholders from POS terminal vendors, system integrators, acquirer processors/ switches and acquirer host systems.
- Strong negotiation skills and a solid track record in Sales/Business Development
- The ability to manage conflict and maintain positive relationships with clients at all times