Government Relations and Business Solutions Director
- Johannesburg, South Africa
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This is a combination of a product delivery & sales function and will require the individual to on board more clients onto Visa Business Solutions (Small Business, Middle Market, Large Clients and Govt.). The individual will lead all market development activities to drive expansion of Visa Business Solutions, new partners and new revenue pools and win new accounts through building stronger relationships with existing and new partners.
In order to operate successfully, the individual will be required to demonstrate experienced knowledge of commercial payments or related B2B industries and be highly effective in strategic, solutions based selling to executive level decision makers. The individual will also need to have passion for building relationships with all the myriad of internal and external constituents.
• Proactively engage with federal, state and local governments in key markets across SSA
• Demonstrate a good knowledge of payment flows to Corporates/Public sector, with experienced knowledge in, commercial solutions and dealing with govt. as a client
• Increase Visa’s understanding of Government payment trends and opportunity through research
• Align with Central Business solutions team, GR, BD, Region, VCA, Processing, IC & Other stakeholders on best approach to meet government needs to grow the commercial business
• Identify & develop qualified revenue based government payment opportunities to deploy innovative Visa solutions to address government needs & requirements on G2B & B2G opportunities
• Communicate Visa’s value proposition through various outreach activities – Government Forums/Events, Case Studies
• Develop and execute strategies to increase payments volume and secure long-term revenue with Key Issuers/other key partnerships across Small Business
• Collaborate with peers and partners to build business solutions
• Focus on driving new purchase volume and revenue with Visa commercial issuers across all groups, which entails securing targeted opportunities in the public/ Govt. & private sectors in alignment and partnership with financial institution partners
• Contribute to the annual business/account plan for the assigned clients, agreeing with matrixed stakeholders required actions and deliverables in close collaboration with the Country Manager and the respective Issuer AE’s
8 to 12 years business experience including
sales and/or relationship management and specifically targeted at Public sector/ Govt in SA
• Commercial Cards Issuing/Acquiring experience is
required. Exposure to servicing Financial Institution clients in these areas isrequired
• Demonstrated experience in process improvement and dedication to client engagements, willingness to learn and execute
effective sales strategies
• Ability to develop, lead and close complex high-reaching sales efforts
• Previous experience implementing strategic initiatives with efficiency, integrity
• Strong trouble shooting/problem solving skills
• Confidence and ability to effectively build and
deliver presentations to all audiences up to the executive levels
• Demonstrated understanding of financial indicators to measure business performance and an ability to summarize business
and financial data in a useful manner for planning and decision-making.
• Travel as required (50%)