Oracle Database Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Corporate Information Technology (CIT) encompasses enterprise technology that empowers Visa Inc. staff to perform core business functions needed to support ongoing management of Visa Inc. operations. Corporate Business Systems (CBS) – Finance & Accounting Systems is a group in Corporate IT that provides provides global solution design and implementation of Visa’s Finance Operations systems (Oracle eBusiness Suite and various integrated applications), global Customer Service, including end-user support and education, issue troubleshooting and resolution, system access,and applications administration and configuration change control for all users of the Visa Global Integrated Financial Solution (GIFS) finance, procurement and reporting applications. The group additionally acts as liaison between endusers and technical support resources in Technology organization and applicable software vendors, coordinating all related support services, to ensure reliable and efficient production systems operations, globally.
- Provide strong hands-on technical expertise and technical leadership in the area of Finance ERP Systems, at the core of which is the Oracle eBusiness Suite system.
- Analyze business requirement, identify risks, and collaborate with functional team and business users, to deliver flexible, innovative, cost effective solutions while meeting business needs.
- Responsible for designing, developing and deploying enhancements and projects related to Oracle EBS, Oracle Hyperion and its associated systems.
- Estimate work effort and staffing needs, develop conceptual approach, proof of concept, and technical execution plan, track progress against milestones, and drive results in partnership with Project Managers, and other team members
- Evaluate 3rd party tools for security, scalability and fit
- Work with Engineering teams
- (Windows, UNIX, Network, Storage and Middleware) to translate application requirements into system requirements.
- Create comprehensive documentation of designs for both small and large projects that take into account all areas of development.
- Present solutions to key stakeholders and demonstrate working software to leads and management.
- Follow existing application standards, conventions and best practices as part of the existing SDLC.
- Maintain, enhance and support, through problem analysis and resolution, the Oracle eBusiness Suite and integrated applications such as Kofax Markview, Vinimaya, OSN and GXS.
- Engage in lessons learned and continuous process improvement around the SDLC.
- Ensure that applications and code are compliant with Visa security requirements.
- Mentor peer and junior developers as needed.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information management or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and at least 8 years of relevant experience
Experience in installing, administering, cloning, upgrading, patching Oracle Applications R12.2, Oracle Database 12c and 11g Oracle Fusion Middleware (WebLogic Server) 11g and 12c in Windows and Linux environments
Experience in Oracle RAC, Oracle ASM, Grid Infrastructure and Exadata
Experience in backup/recovery strategies/capabilities and strong understanding of Oracle performance tuning
Knowledge of replication technologies such as Golden Gate, Data Guard, Streams will be preferred
Experience in administration of Oracle Single Sign on, Oracle Access Manager and Oracle Identity Management
Experience and knowledge of Apache/IIS, Tomcat, Glass Fish, WebLogic application server and Oracle SOA Suite or other similar middleware platform would be a plus
Candidates with knowledge in Shell, Python, WLST scripting will be preferred
Prefer candidates who has the experience in automating frequent mundane tasks
Experience with packaged applications such as Hyperion, OBIEE, TM1, Kofax Markview for AP Invoice and Expense, Noetix Views, OBIEE, Discoverer, Tableau, Actimize is desirable but not mandatory
Good problem solving skills with focus on troubleshooting issues in complex production environments
Willing to learn new technologies and software, thinking out of the box, questioning the norm and innovative
Multi-tasking ability essential to handle multiple priorities with minimal direction from management
a good team player with excellent communication and collaboration skills, with experience working in a global environment
Experience leading and collaborating with small to medium sized teams working in an onsite/offshore model
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.