Client Marketing Manager
- Tokyo, Japan
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Client Marketing Manager reports to the Director, Client & Merchant Marketing at JP Marketing and will deliver marketing value to our clients, working closely with Product and Client Relationship Management teams.
Based in Tokyo, Japan, the role will bring the “best of Visa” marketing to clients, working cohesively with the Visa marketing community locally and globally, Product, CRM, and MS&S
- Contribute to developing deep client partnerships by providing marketing support including marketing analysis, insight development and campaign activities to assist clients to drive Debit and Visa portfolio growth
- Work with the Product and CRM teams to convert client incentives into tailor-made co-marketing campaigns to drive acquisition, usage and retention
- High quality execution of agreed marketing programs, evaluating effectiveness and efficiency of the programs to continuously optimize performance
- Determine best use of Visa assets aligned with client strategies and optimal outcome for Visa
- Manage vendors to ensure “client centric” view in the development and implementation of campaigns
Client Marketing Strategy & Activities
- Develop promotion and go-to-market plans in close cooperation with local, regional and global stakeholders including Product, CRM, and MS&S
- Deliver marketing insights & data capabilities to drive deep partnerships with clients including proprietary research, studies and best practice benchmarking through the Visa marketing community
- Ensure client’s marketing needs are being met through cross-functional & regional teams on insights, measurement & co-creation requirements.
- Provide in-depth understanding and analysis of payments industry, regulation, consumer trends and competition
- Ensure effective in-market communication of the narratives for future of payments (FoP) and digital marketing.
- Review implementation of plans on an ongoing basis and provide guidance to external and internal stakeholders to ensure that KPIs are achieved
- Work with clients to drive internal staff advocacy for Visa brand and client co-marketing activities.
Leveraging VISA Assets & Budget Control
- Support usage of Visa Global/Regional & Local marketing assets (i.e. Olympics and FIFA WC) aligned with Visa and client needs
- Protect Visa via ensuring compliance with procurement, legal and financial control processes including Value in Kind (VIK) and Sponsorship Asset policy
- Managing marketing costs ensuring expenditure is timely and on budget.
- Delivery of joint Visa/client objectives and marketing plans
- Project/program delivery
- Execution of Visa’s marketing capabilities
- Client satisfaction scores (measured via annual client survey)
- Consistently demonstrate Visa’s value & behaviors
- Seven to ten years of relevant experience in a marketing team, ideally from similar industries such as Financial Services, Technology or Telecommunications
- Marketing campaign management, particularly for multi-channel, digital centric campaigns
- Marketing KPIs and return on investment analysis
- Market research briefing, analysis and insight development
- Understanding of media strategy / planning
- Budgets & forecasting