Sr Staff QA Engineer
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Issuer Processing Software Test team is part of Visa's Global Development group. We deliver quality services and solutions using best-in-class processes, methodologies, and technology with our worldwide workforce. We are an integral part of revenue-generating areas within the company.
As a Senior Staff Software Test Engineer, you will be leading the team responsible for testing Card Information Management. Testing includes multiple applications and platforms. The role will require leading project test assignments, providing automation reporting and oversight of the team deliverables.
Design, create, execute and report on functional tests against multiple applications
Perform regression testing with each maintenance release in assigned area
Identify and document software defects in a clear manner and retest using corrected code to resolve the issue in a timely manner
Identify and troubleshoot system issues working with development as required
Function as a technical lead on assigned projects
Reviews test plans and test cases to be executed by team and suggest improvements
Mentors team regarding troubleshooting techniques and approaches.
Update regression test cases with each product enhancement
Design, document and track test cases in ALM-Quality Center
Produce metrics for projects as required by Project Management and/or QA Management
Identify opportunities for process and system improvements and efficiencies
Cultivate, support, and promote an organizational culture that provides for high performance, high morale, integrity, and teamwork
Work with business representatives, IT Management, IT development, support teams and vendors to ensure on time, on budget, and quality delivery of testing deliverables
Coordinate and collaborate with a globally distributed team
Coach and mentor junior team members and help them grow professionally
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Technology related field
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in software test or development
- Proficient in a programming language including but not limited to Java, C++, C#
- Experience using various software development methodologies, including Agile
- General business knowledge of financial systems
- Card Processing background a plus
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills with deep understanding of customer relations
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time
- Strong mentoring skills necessary to provide support to team members
- Must be able to organize and prioritize workload in order to meet necessary deadlines
- Able to make independent judgments/decisions within established guidelines
- Experience with tools like Jira, ALM, SharePoint, Wiki
- Experience with Automation tools like QTP , Selenium RC/Web driver
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.