Lead Software Engineer (REF8303P) - Digital and Mobile Product Development (DMPD)
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorship's, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Digital and Mobile's Product Development Visa Direct team is looking for a Lead Software Engineer who will be responsible for design, development, and execution of large-scale high volume Push Payment services. Extensive Java and REST development experience and team leadership skills are a must. In this position, you are a passionate and talented developer with problem-solving abilities and coding/testing/debugging skills who can work in a dynamic environment. You must be dedicated to delivering production-ready code in short timeframes and willing to go above and beyond when needed. You must be a great team player that can help mentor the team.
Work closely with product and architecture teams to design and deliver new solutions based on use cases and business requirements
Manage scrum team and coordinate ceremonies with the team
Review code and accountability for team's development activities
Participate in proof of concepts and other technical evaluations of new technologies
Stay abreast of emerging technologies and proactively assess and evaluate the adoption thereof into the organization
Mentor team members and be an inspirational leader
Work with multiple teams in different Geo locations.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related degree from an accredited university
- 12+ years of experience designing and developing complex Java and J2EE applications
- Extensive experience in architecting and developing real-time multithreaded Java applications that are fault-tolerant, scalable and can handle high volumes
- Proven track record of owning and implementing solutions for Product features
- Experience with performing system design and construct specifications in collaboration with Solution Architects
- Deep understanding and experience of cryptographic security solutions using JAVA/JEE technologies, Symmetric Key Cryptography, Public Key Cryptography and Certificates
- Experience with API gateway solutions addressing the authentication and authorization needs of high volume and mission critical API traffic
- Experience with evaluating and implementing best practices in Agile software development
- Experience working with cross-functional leadership and teams towards solution design, implementation and deployment
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment Principles and Tools
- Familiarity of EAI technologies and experience with at least one EAI tool like IBM MQ Series and Kafka
- Experience with NoSQL databases like Cassandra or MongoDB
- Deep understanding and experience with designing services in a Multi Data Center context and associated data replication for Relational and NoSQL databases
- Deep understanding of SOA principles and Web Services technologies: REST & SOAP
- Experience with back-end technologies such as J2EE, JDBC, JMS, Spring, Hibernate, EJB, JMX and MBeans
- Experience in relational database usage with commercial-grade databases such as Oracle and MySql.
- Expert in OO design and design patterns
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong UNIX/Linux background
- Experience with application containers such as Tomcat, JBoss and WebSphere
- Experience in creating automated unit testing using JUnit and practicing test driven development
- Strong troubleshooting skills, especially in a production setting
- Fluent with developing applications using Eclipse or similar IDE
- Experience with performance tuning and memory leak detection
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.