Data Warehouse Architect/Technical Program Manager
- Foster City, CA, USA
Cybersource is a payment management solutions company. CyberSource provides a complete
portfolio of services that simplify and automate payment operations. Customers use our CyberSource and Authorize.Net brand solutions to process online payments, streamline fraud management, and simplify payment security.
Cybersource is in the GMSS organization within Visa. Our department, Cybersource Sales
Operations, supports the GMS&S organization to drive change throughout Visa in terms of Visa’s prioritization and value proposition for merchants and acquiring banks globally. The sales operations reporting and analytics team supports the business primarily around developing automated solutions for
Looking for a high-energy data warehousing best-practitioner to join a high-performing Business Intelligence and Analytics team in the Sales Operations group at Cybersource. Will be heavily involved in all aspects of DW/BI from gathering business requirements to helping architect the data solutions that support it. We’re looking for a leadership personality type who works with a sense of urgency, is action-oriented, and thrives in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
The ideal candidate is focused on project delivery, and is just as comfortable talking with Business users as they are with technical folks.
This is an Individual Contributor role working within a matrixed environment working with numerous stakeholder groups.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Communication and interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration in a diverse, cross-functional, and global team.
- Candidate needs to have full BI cycle experience: from requirements (e.g. including data capture and processing, etc) to process design, BI deployment, monitor performance to optimize, and back again.
- Bring a strong sense of execution and ownership to the team.
- Build highly scalable, performant and reliable systems and infrastructure. Experience managing a data warehouse including partnering with other workgroups globally that may supply and/or use data.
- Sales and Marketing a plus, but the ability to work with any nontechnical business team is a must.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multitasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- In depth knowledge of data warehouse design. Big data experience (Hive/Impala or other HDFS based) required. Will be dealing with datasets in the billions of rows and Terabytes of data and needs to have experience taking large amounts of data and narrowing them down to more focused data sets. - Tableau experience is desired. Needs to know, or willing to learn, limitations of the tool and where DBs need to be leveraged vs Tableau.
- Needs to be able to take a problem and solve it with minimal direction. For example, "Duplications found in records? No problem! Develop dedupe logic, share with others, execute coding". Looking for someone that has the passion to look beyond the issue, determine possible implications and applications of the solution, and the grit to invite other workgroups as appropriate to execute the solution.
- Experience in authoring technical documents (BRD’s, Functional Specification documents, Project Plans, etc.).
- Salesforce.com experience preferred with ETL and data warehouse integration a huge plus. Experience with integrating SFDC data with additional data sources for use in Business Intelligence tool.
- Provide performance tuning and troubleshooting for existing ETL processes; Monitor production loads, conduct root cause analysis for all load failures, and quickly execute solutions to minimize down-time.
- Ideal candidate will have used statistical or logical analysis to identify system/account issues along with a process for using that data to impact change.
- Create logical and physical data models for new and existing projects
- Technical Skills: Hands-on experience with Shell Scripting; Java; Python; SQL/Hive; JIRA; Bitbucket to store code; designing, executing and supporting ETL data validation process; and Data Warehousing
- MIS, MBA in CIS/IT or equivalent is required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.