Customer Service Associate
- Pasay, Metro Manila, Philippines
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Very few companies can offer its employees the global reach that Visa does. That’s the power of Visa’s “My everywhere” – a big brand with limitless possibilities. Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world. Visa was recently recognized by Forbes as one of the Best Employers in the U.S. and Fortune magazine highlighted us as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Everything we do is driven by our leadership principles: Lead by Example, Communicate Openly, Enable and Inspire, Excel with Partners, Act Decisively, and Collaborate.
The Customer Service Associate will be part of our extraordinary Customer Support team where you will be responsible for supporting card holders’s needs on a variety of Visa products via inbound phone calls. You will complete work according to well-defined policies and procedures while delivering a positive customer interaction. We look for individuals who enjoy working in an environment that is as fun as it is challenging and can ensure that our customers receive world-class service. This position is located in Pasay.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Demonstrate consistent, reliable attendance by showing up for work as scheduled with a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- Respond to incoming customer requests quickly, proficiently and professionally while meeting specific quality expectations.
- Actively listen and probe to figure out nature of each call and determine the appropriate action(s) to complete the call.
- Multi-task across several computer programs to respond to customer inquiries.
- Utilize all tools to properly support, action and document all related questions and needs.
- Accurately update and maintain cardholder data in appropriate databases.
- Collaborate with peers to help cardholders; provide thought-leadership; and inspire both customers and peers in a diverse business environment.
- Compliance to Key Control and other policies, including maintaining confidentiality in our secure environment.
- Full schedule availability is required.
- Successfully complete a training program, including classroom instruction, computer-based lessons, instructor-led activities and on-the-job training.
- Employees attending training are expected to meet Visa’s established standards for performance, attendance and conduct.
- Direct hire (not contract) set schedules determined at the time of offer. You are required to render forty (40) regular hours per week or 8 hours per day with meal break of less than one hours and short rest periods.
- Our customers rely on us to be available to meet their needs every day, including weekends and holidays.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, possible holidays and overtime when needed.
- Punctual, regular and consistent attendance. Willing to work on varying schedules/shifts.
- Customer service experience required; Prior experience in contact center, financial industry or ecommerce environments is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and customer service based on the customer’s needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal skills, customer orientation, team interaction, problem solving and multi-tasking skills required.
- Requires efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail. MUST speak fluent English.
- Computer experience within Windows environment as well as ability to navigate the internet, utilize computer shortcut functions, and navigate through multiple program platforms.
- Knowledge of the payments business preferred.
- Ability to learn and adjust quickly to changes in process.
- Foster positive work environment.
- Escalate issues related to customer inquiry or other in a timely manner, and appropriately.
- Quickly respond to Manager/Lead request to support workload redistribution.
- Manage sensitive data.
- Maintain confidentiality.
WHAT YOU GET FOR WORKING AT VISA:
- A contact center environment filled with amazing people and incredible career opportunities
- Fun, rewarding work environment with on-site cafeteria, unlimited beverages and game room.
- Competitive base pay along with quarterly bonuses that are based on maintaining attendance, schedule adherence, and quality plus shift and language differentials if applicable.
- Healthcare benefit on Day 1
- Education Assistance Program, Fitness/Health Club Subsidy and Outpatient Entitlement (Prescribed medication).