Sr Systems Engineer (Java/Hadoop Developer)
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon
Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that
Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our
global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global
payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet
network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses
around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and
checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with
partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services
join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™
World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world.
If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the
world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career.
Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar
on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all
over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to
Systems Engineer (Java/Linux): Big Data Platform
- Will work as a Developer/Engineer for Big Data Platform Engineering Team.
- Will be responsible to build interface, tune and perform operational efficiency on Hadoop/Spark/Kafka Cluster.
- Will be responsible to automate and monitor health of the Operational clusters and build the monitoring product.
- Will be responsible to work closely with the development and application support teams to deliver/resolve issues as part of Big Data Infrastructure engineering and operations.
- Will be responsible to install/automate/support Big Data Components e.g. Hive, YARN, Spark, Impala, Kafka, SOLR, Oozie, Sentry, Encryption, HBase, etc.
Strong Java Developer with the below qualification is required to apply for this position:
- Graduate in Engineering or related technical field.
- 5+ years of development experience in Java/J2EE.
- 1+ year of development experience in Scala, Python is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience building and integrating secure REST APIs is must to have.
- 2+ years of experience with MVC Architecture or Spring Framework is added advantage.
- 2+ years hands on experience in XML and Jason is good to have.
- Knowledge in Big Data Environment i.e. Map-reduce, Kafka and Spark is a big plus.
- Experience in Unix/Linux shell scripting is must.
- Experience with GIT, Jira and Jenkins is a preferred.
- Knowledge of Angular JS framework is good to have.
- Work independently, driving projects end-to-end experience is plus.
- “Java Development Certification” is good to have.
- “Hadoop Development Certification” is good to have.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.