Staff Business Intelligence Engineer
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Seeking an accomplished business intelligence professional to join the data product team and drive business insights by building various analytics products. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of BI tools and their architecture, strong database & data warehousing background, ability to work independently, mentor junior team members and passionate to learn new tools and technologies.
- Demonstrated excellence in the development, implementation and operational support of large-scale business intelligence solutions..
- Participate in the end-to-end lifecycle of BI implementations including business analysis, design, development, deployment and continuous improvement.
- Expertise in designing Microstrategy schema layer, building application objects, dashboards, scorecards, report builders and knowledge of all the widgets to effectively visualize the data.
- Ability to performance tune reports/dashboards and knowledge of utilizing VLDB property settings to achieve execution efficiency.
- Experience with database management tools like DB2, Impala, Hive, MySQL, etc.
- Expert in writing & understanding complex SQL scripts for data analysis, reporting & data profiling.
- Experience working with big data platforms such as Hadoop/Hive/Impala/Spark.
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau, D3 and open source reporting frameworks is desirable.
- Define standards and procedures for best practices for business intelligence design & development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with business community and senior management teams.
- Bachelor’s or Master`s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with Microstrategy Suite.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Data modeling and Data Warehousing.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Big Data and related tools
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.