Lead Tableau Developer, Analytics & Data Products
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives
of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of
digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Analytics and Data Products group works with internal business teams, our key Visa issuing banks, and merchant clients to drive value and insights from Visa's unique global data assets. Our BI developers are
critical members of the team that supports Visa's global organization.
The BI Development Lead, Analytics & Data Products position will support custom BI development for our internal and external clients. This role will be the subject matter expert on key metrics driving decisions at Visa and will develop, manage and improve BI solutions within Visa. This position leads development of new BI products and increased adoption of BI across Visa. This role will attract significant global and regional influence and may manage a small team of consulting resources.
- Become an expert in Visa data and sources to quickly determine the best way to put information together. Provide guidance to Visa teams on relevant analytical and BI applications to address Visa internal and Visa client business challenges
- This position is highly visible and will own the development of several executive-facing dashboards
- Interfaces across the organization to answer challenging analytical questions related to business performance
- Establish deep partnerships with business owners to identify BI needs for the business and evangelize
existing solutions or develop new solutions appropriately
- Collaborate with custom analytics team, the broader BI platform team and Technology to develop, optimize and align BI solutions to meet business needs
- Review past projects, identify requests for similar data as candidates for broader solution development
- Define and write the code for new reports, keeping data accuracy as guiding principle
- Apply payment industry business experience and business acumen to shape and guide content
within the suite of BI tools within Visa
- 7+ years of business intelligence, analytics or related experience. 5-years’ experience with analytics/BI in banking/payments industry as well as understanding of payments industry data and metrics is desirable
- Bachelor degree in a technical discipline
- Advanced hands-on experience in dashboard development using Tableau and connecting Tableau to Hadoop datasets through Hive or similar toolset
- Expert in data extraction using SQL, exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to execute fast-paced and dynamic projects in a highly organized manner on a tight schedule
- Good listening and communication skills to understand core business problem internal partners are trying to solve
- Knowledge of BI and data warehousing principles including data modeling, data quality, extract/transform/load
process, job scheduling and indexing
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Must work well in highly collaborative, matrixed and team oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communications skills - capable of developing well-structured communications and presentations
- Strategic and analytical ability to synthesize and organize data/information into actionable recommendations with clear customer and shareholder impact
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.