Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
The Issuer Processing Client Test team is part of Visa's Global Client Services group. We deliver quality services and solutions using best-in-class processes, methodologies, and technology with our worldwide workforce. We are an integral part of revenue-generating areas within the company. This team is dedicated to its customers and to building on past achievements. We are committed to leveraging innovative technology to enhance quality and to accelerate time-to-market. Visa has one of the most visible and most used comprehensive payment systems in the world.
The successful candidate will be part of a global team to design and develop Test designs and Test cases for the Issuer processing for the Global Client Testing Organization. He/she will perform Functional and Automation testing for Debit Processing Services applications and will need detailed analytical skills and a good understanding of the test methodologies to be able to interface directly and take[lh1] decisions with staff members of Global Client Testing, Product Management, Project Management, Client Implementations and Development
The responsibilities of this role include solving complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions for the digital EVS and VDP teams. The Senior QA Engineer will work with a team of specialists to ensure testing project success and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for programming, testing, implementation, documentation, maintenance and support of systems application software.
- Design, create, execute and report on functional tests against multiple applications.
- Develop high quality, secure, scalable software solutions based on technical requirements specifications and design artifacts within expected time and budget.
- Research, create and evaluate technical solution alternatives for the business needs.
- Create systems and testing documentation per department standards.
- Follow standards in development and testing to ensure compliance with Audit Requirements.
- Follow Quality Control processes according to the Industry Standard practices.
- Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
- Identify and document software defects in a clear manner and retest using corrected code to resolve the issue in a timely manner.
- Identify and troubleshoot system issues working with development as required.
- Design, document and track test cases in tracking system.
- Produce metrics for projects as required by Project Management, Clients and/or Implementation team.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and efficiencies.
- Cultivate, support, and promote an organizational culture that provides for high performance, high morale, integrity, and teamwork.
- Work with business representatives, IT Management, IT development, support teams and vendors to ensure on time, on budget, and quality delivery of testing deliverables.
- Coordinate and collaborate with a globally distributed team
Bachelors or equivalent with at least 2 years in a QA role.
Strong, professional communication skills (i.e., written, verbal and listening)
Organizational skills (e.g. attention to details, ability to multi-task, prioritize, etc.)
Independent and self-motivated
Ability to comprehend technical issues and apply it to the job.
Demonstrates sound judgment.
Develop test plans, designs and test cases as appropriate. Identify test dependencies, environment and data requirements.
Looks for opportunities to share knowledge and experience department wide to grow overall
knowledge and experience
Provide day-to-day support to Client institutions including response to customer inquiries related to complex Visa core applications issues or questions and ensure customer expectations are exceeded.
Identify, troubleshoot and resolve complex processing, application usage, or business issues.
Proactively identify and own issues through resolution working with business or development groups.
Understand customer needs, business requirements, and priorities. Develop solutions and recommendations based on business needs.
Assess operational opportunities to increase service quality or efficiency and act as liaison for customers between other Visa groups, including the Product Office, Development, and Support to act on recommendations.
Develop tools and educate customers on software applications, and core system usage and functionality
Attending all digital EVS, VDP related meetings.
Go to all the EVS, VDP RTN/PR meeting.
Create and maintain the regression API testing suit for the services.
Create and update a training syllabus for the regional testers concerning EVS, VDP products