Sr. Software Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This position is for a Software Engineer in the CyberSecurity team who will focus on developing Application Security tools and services and working with Visa Product Development team to triage and fix application security issues and train developer on Application Security.
You will be working with world class Information Security team and Security technology expert to help improve the product security as early in the product development as possible, be it treat modelling, static code analysis, Web security scanner or any of our security tools and services.
You'll need to have excellent communication and cross-group collaboration skills, be able to make forward progress despite ambiguous circumstances, be a self-starter, a quick learner of new technologies and have experience in product security such as secure application design, static code analysis and web application vulnerabilities. You will be a critical part of the core security engineering team for a high-performance product security automation framework development.
The candidate will perform hands-on activities including design, documentation, development and test of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs.
- Follow software design principle in developing bug free Software / Web Applications
- Participate in every stage of Feature Development from design and brainstorming through feature implementation, including fixing that last critical bug under a tight release deadline.
- Knowledge about Web Application and Java Programming Security challenges and put security at first
- Work as part of a dynamic team collaborating closely with other engineers, engineering teams and product owners.
- Review stories and provide input
- Create technical specifications and design artifacts
- Implement major features from scratch
- Create unit tests for features
- Perform code reviews
- Work with QA to ensure the quality of the feature
- Contribute to design & overall product architecture
- BS/MS degree in computer science, computer security or relevant field required.
- 1 - 3 Years of experinece after BS with Strong Programing knowledge and Web Services experinece
- You have expertise of Core Java, JEE technologies, REST API , Python Programming
- Familier with Java Framework such as Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate
- Familiarity with backend service layer integration using Ajax, REST API
- Well versed with best practices of designing web applications
- Familiar with Jenkins or similar continuous integration tools, SVN or similar source code management systems.
- We count on your curiosity and creativity, to want to understand customer requirements and our processes and want to come up with creative solutions
- You’re great at systematic and accurate research wanting to uncover the smallest detail
- ou have amazing work ethics that will help us all work extremely well together
- Strong analytical skills with good problem solving ability desired.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.