- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
At Digital and Mobile, we are focused on creating smarter payment solutions that provide fast, easier ways to pay with your phone, web and other digital devices wherever you are – remote or proximity payment.
The Digital and Mobile Platforms Engineering team is looking for talented engineers for Bangalore office to drive the evolution of mobile payment solutions through developing a scalable platform to support application development teams.
You will work closely with your colleagues and other teams to design and implement unique platform capabilities . Your code will be rock solid and built to perform on multiple platforms & environments. You will be also work closely with various stakeholders to help establish web development standards.
You will assist developing of multiple applications, prototype new applications and feature ideas and explore new technologies that are at the forefront of web development.
We are looking for someone with serious about working and
learning new platforms like Kafka, Asynchronous Messaging, Solr, Akka,
Cassandra and Docker and have interest in distributed computing, scalability
and building reliable high performance system.
- Participate in design and implementation of platform components and
services to be consumed by the application team
- Interface with various stakeholders and establish rock
solid platform capabilities
- Work as part of scrum team executing the product
requirements by working collaboratively with the team
- Aspire to be a subject matter expert in select platform capabilities and adapt to fast changes
- Develop and adapt to common industry best practices for
- Be part of POC initiatives for visionary initiatives
- Be part of peer reviews for implementation of new features
- Communicate status frequently in daily Scrum -
Participate in cross-group and internal customer feature demos
Bachelors in Computer Science or other technical field
- 0-3 years of overall software development experience
- 2+ years of professional experience in developing highly
scalable platform development
- Expertise in Java, Spring, Kafka, Solr and other
relevant distributed technologies
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data
structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- Passion for learning architectural and design patterns
- Knowledge about Security standards
- Knowledge of web services standards and related
- Familiarity with web service development, DBMS, SQL,
UNIX shell scripts is a plus
- Experience with tools like Rally, JIRA, Sharepoint,
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Sound problem solving skills
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and take on new
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be self motivated
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.