- San Francisco, CA, USA
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
Primary Job Responsibilities: Visa's Global Payment Experience & Solutions team is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Product manager. The Product Manager’s primary responsibility is to build products and solutions that deliver delightful experiences with a substantial value propositions across the entire payments ecosystem i.e., merchants, consumers, issuers, acquirers and technology platforms. In this role, the Product Manager will work closely with clients, partners, business unit leaders, engineering, architects, user experience and global cross-functional counterparts to build, iterate and refine new payment experiences across all channels. He/she will interact with executives and others in client and partner organizations to brainstorm co-creation ideas and rapidly prototype working proof of concepts, and bring pilots to market. He/she will then evangelize the proof of concept within and outside of Visa, and work closely with product teams in Visa to drive pilot/commercialization. He/she will bring prior experience in hands-on development of solutions, UI and prototypes, and a close knowledge of developments in consumer and payment related technology. He/she is creative and hands-on, has a bias towards action and is able to inspire others with his/her vision. Prior experience with mobile and cloud payments, AI, Big Data, AR/VR, Alt Lending, Biometrics, EMV as well as familiarity or experience with human-centric design principles and rapid prototyping.
• Develop and implement product strategies consistent with client needs and company vision
• Partner with clients throughout the payment ecosystem to develop product strategy and co-create solutions
• Ensure product vision and requirements are designed with scalability and long-term vision in mind
• Conceptualize, develop and launch new products & experiences at the intersection payment and technology
• Brainstorm with internal and external teams to develop ideas and potential solutions for co-creation
• Rapidly convert ideas into working prototypes, mashing together solutions/capabilities that exist within Visa or externally
• Lead cross-functional team across research, design and development to design, test and pilot products
• Work closely with Internal and external product and partner teams to ensure alignment on goals/scope, plan critical path and operational risks, and ensure transparent communication
• Drive coordination with core product teams to enable commercialization
• Synthesize requirements into a common set of platform and services capabilities, writing very clear, thorough and detailed user stories for complex features and product sets
• Liaise with other business units, product leaders, engineering and other applicable groups to ensure flawless execution
• Provide status, action plans and recommendations to senior leadership on an ongoing basis
• Perform go-to-market activities by closely working with program management, product managers, other product teams, finance, operations, legal, compliance, user experience and external partners as required
• Strong product development skills with a sound understanding of payment technology, risk and fraud management, other ecosystem requirements
• 3+ years of experience in the payments industry (e.g. payment processing, acquiring, payment technology provider, payment brand etc.)
• 3+ years of experience in technical or business product management (business case development to P&L management)
• 3+ years' experience with design thinking product development methodology preferred
• Excellent communication skills and executive presence
• Aptitude to collaborate with engineering teams to build robust, reliable and scalable payment solutions
• Highly execution focused by working in conjunction with various counterparts
• Ability to think creatively to solve problems
• Organizational and leadership abilities to influence, negotiate and drive results
• Experience working with external partners in collaborative development
• Knowledge in mobile, web and IoT application development and experience design
• Experience and knowledge of Agile (Scrum) project methodology and practices
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Product Design or Computer Science, or equivalent experience required; advanced degree desirable
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.