Staff Software Engineer-Client Profile Analytics (REF8359E)
- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Client Information Application Development team of Network Processing is a Product development and Support organization consisting of Open system and Legacy technology applications such as VCIS, CORE, Config, MVV, PRM,Profiler, Client Directories and located in Foster City Singapore and India.
We do support CCM, CSS, Product and some external clients by building queries/reports for business development and product development. This role requires a firm understanding of Profile applications such as VCIS, CORE, Config, Client Directories and PRM. Exposure the Profile applications is necessary for this job. The ideal Candidate will be an expert in building reports by writing queries to DB2 database. The candidate will manage assigned ticket requests, work closely with peers in the product development and Project management teams within Network Processing to fulfill the requests within the SLA.
- Provide analysis, develop code, test and full integration of software into existing platforms and architecture
- Remain current with latest industry standards and best
practices that can be incorporated into existing systems
- Identify, evaluate, and develop cost effective development
approaches that meet business requirements
- Analyze business problems and implement technical solutions that
will meet these requirements
- Manage client requests thu Asknow and ensure timelines and quality of the deliverables are met.
- Communicate effectively to team to derive "best practice" solutions that can be reused
- Build and maintain effective relationships across functional
areas in order to provide superior product support
- Ensure on-schedule delivery of a high quality product that
meets business and technical requirements
- Participate in design and code review sessions as appropriate
- Introduce new ideas and areas of improvements in different aspect of work related matters.
The ideal candidates should posses the following.
10+ years of software design and development experience in a medium to large scale project.
Highly experience in JCL, COBOL, ISPF Dialog and DB2 is required
Knowledgeable and experience to open system Report generation tools.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with a demonstrated aptitude to understand technical environments
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to deliver ideas clearly and influence team to approach better solution.
Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast paced environment
Strong teamwork skills and excellent collaboration skills
Self-motivated and able to work under pressure. Results oriented, flexible, highly effective and autonomous.
Solid understanding of the Visa environment with an emphasis on the Profile Systems.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.