Strategic Content Lead - Award winning Innovation center
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This a rare and exciting opportunity for a brilliant digital native and an outstanding storyteller.
You have both a creative mindset with a finger on the pulse of what’s new, now and next in the world of commerce, retail and the intersection of digital and physical.
You excel in developing content, positioning and have an eagerness to understand, test and develop new ideas for the purposes of both storytelling and helping clients understand the changing landscape and trends.
You should be able to think strategically, creatively and innovatively, with the ability to connect the dots across multiple inputs, present new creative ideas that pushes the envelope.
You’re a skilled explorer and producer, adept and comfortable digging in and getting your hands dirty.
What an Innovation Content Lead does at Visa
- Seek to understand emerging trends, consumer needs, and participate with the team through ideation and exploration phases
- Keeping up to date on developments in payments and commerce through monitoring FinTech, startups, desk research, interviews and industry events
- Develop and maintain a network of partners e.g. research agencies, innovation labs, industry leaders etc. to ensure global-thinking and access to best-in-class examples from around the world
- Develop a strong understanding of Visa’s payment services and capabilities, and their technical foundations
- Build client engagement content modules and explore various formats of storytelling, demoing and immersion
- Break down concepts and trends into frameworks and micro-stories to enable ideation and help orient customers in the changing world of commerce and payments
- Work closely with, and co-ordinate across design, product engineering teams to help bring new narratives to life
- Establish a repeatable and scalable process and platform to publish and disseminate content internally to ensure that the stories travel and are told around the world
- Evangelize Visa’s innovation vision and priorities within the organization and at selective client/industry events
- Provide input to the global innovation narratives, working with a cross-functional team across markets in Asia and innovation centers in London, New York, San Francisco and Asia.
- Train members and cross-functional teams on the Innovation engagement approach and narratives
- Overcome obstacles tactfully to deliver amazing experiences
Why this is important to Visa
Around the world, commerce and payments are experiencing rapid disruption driven by increasing digitalization allowing our clients to service & enable their customer needs in new and exciting ways. As the industry payment leader, our clients & partners are looking for inspiration & support to shape and enable the future of commerce
Initiatives you will be a part of
- Develop and be an integral part of Visa’s global innovation content & strategy working team
- Building and shaping Visa’s innovation priorities enabling the next billion digital payment users in the region
What you will need
- Demonstrated talent for abstract thinking, spotting trends and patterns, an innate curiosity and insight into human behavior, an instinct for popular digital culture, and a nuanced understanding of creative work are critical.
- Creative mind and ability to inspire and instigate ideation across disciplines and departments.
- Great presentation skills and client facilitation skill
What will also help
- Experience in producing content in multiple formats (blog, podcasts, video etc)
- Experience working in B2B and B2C environments, retail and experiential marketing
- Prior experience in strategic planning at a leading Digital and/or creative agency
- 8-12 years of experience