Technical Support Analyst - End User Support
- Reading, UK
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
End User Services (EUS) group in Corporate IT is responsible for providing end user support to Visa staff. These include workstations, mobile wireless devices, voice & video equipment, help desk services, and various other end user server solutions like Exchange, VDI and Endpoint security tools. The position of Technical Support Analyst will join the team to support end-users and work closely with various technology and business groups at our facilities in Europe. This role will be primarily responsible for deployment and support services for workstations, wireless devices, and voice & video equipment.
- Provide 2nd level support on escalated workstation, telephony, and mobile related issues and requests.
- Effectively questions user to collect information and understand the issues they are experiencing, and perform diagnostic procedures to isolate and resolve the issues.
- Interact with customers via telephone, e-mail, IM/chat, and social tools, to provide technical support.
- Prioritize incidents and complaints to assure all SLOs are meet.
- Utilize all technical resources to solve customer problems.
- Escalate or work in tangent with appropriate support specialists or support groups on unresolved issues.
- Escalate hardware repairs to third party providers as needed.
- Maintains call records/logs and resolution detail utilizing case management solution, Remedy.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with management to express ideas in order to make informed decisions.
- Installation of workstation, telephony, and mobile hardware/software as required.
- Provisions and prepares workstations using standard images.
- Setup and install new workstations, loaners and other workstation related equipment.
- Maintain 100% accuracy/control in the asset database of deployed assets, recording/updating as needed.
- Communicate and provide knowledge transfer to other agents/technicians on issues/problems and resolution.
- Coordinate and execute workstation relocation requests
- Work with other support groups such as network operations, in assisting in the resolution of incidents or maintenance activities.
- Demonstrable experience as technician supporting over 300 users.
- College degree is highly desirable.
- Experience providing support to software development environment preferred but not required
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users
- Ability to support users at various levels of technical competency
- Effectively manages difficult or volatile customer situations
- Problem Solving skills
- Ability to effectively perform problem isolation and resolution of critical systems in order to have the least amount of impact and downtime.
- Ability to schedule and prioritize
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Technical writing/documentation skills
- Ability to assess, analyze and research technical situations and provide viable alternatives
- Ability to learn new technologies and procedures quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively with wide variety of users and other technical teams
- Installation, configuration, and support of PC, Mac, Telephony, Mobile, and Voice & Video hardware/software.
- Support and troubleshooting of Windows 10, Windows 7, OSX El Capitan/Sierra, iOS, Android, MS Office 2016 suite and Skype for Business
- Networking connectivity knowledge and troubleshooting.
- Installation, configuration, and support of local and LAN printers.