Staff DevOps Engineer (REF5180U) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Austin, Texas
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa's Digital and Mobile Product Development (DMPD) team is building a new generation of products to facilitate commerce in everyone's digital and mobile lives. Our focus is to build intuitive features that expose profound new value for our customers, merchants and developers. DMPD is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to modernize the platform for digital and mobile products using containers. The focus for the developer operations team is to leverage containers, improve monitoring and logging libraries for containerization, and improve continuous integration. In this role you will engage with engineers from DMPD applications, Operations & Infrastructure, and Middleware teams to implement and roll out containers. Visa is looking for an experienced, hands-on lead/engineer with expertise in continuous integration and containers.
• Build and manage containers for DMPD applications using Docker
• Responsible for the development and implementation of platform components to support containers
• Design, code and integrate application business layer with external application components
• Interact with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology
• Have a passion for delivering zero defect code and be responsible for insuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA.
• Build, enhance and scale critical pipeline, application, and infrastructure technologies in DMPD
• Build solutions for automated management, deployment and monitoring of application components used by critical business applications and engineers in DMPD
• Responsible for provisioning and supporting engineering application/environment; focusing on faster provisioning, reliability and consistency.
• Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common capabilities.
• 6-10+ years track record of relevant work experience and a B.S. or an M.S. in Computer Science or related technical discipline is required
• Should have hands on and good understanding on DevOps tools and automation framework
• Demonstrated hands-on experience with DevOps techniques building continuous integration solutions using Jenkins, Docker, Chef/Puppet, Git, Maven
• Experience with n-tier web application development and experience in J2EE based frameworks
• Hands on experience with Scala, Python, and Java etc
• Experience with Kubernetes and other container management solutions
• Must be proficient in one or more scripting languages: Unix Shell, Perl, Python
• Working experience in cloud computing, PaaS, IaaS, and related areas are highly desirable
• Knowledge and experience with Linux OS
• Should have working experience with monitoring tools like Zabbix, OPNET, and/or SPLUNK, or any other monitoring tools/processes.
• Experience working in Agile environments
• Strong Automation and Problem solving skills and ability to follow through to completion
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.