Staff Software Test Engineer (REF5506P) - Digital and Mobile Product Development (DMPD)
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Digital and Mobile Product Development (DMPD) team is looking for a talented software engineer with a passion for automation and tools development to support Visa Token Service suite of products. Based in Foster City, CA, in this role, you will apply your test engineering expertise, knowledge of tools and test framework, and experiences in automation, to help teams become more efficient and effective. You will be part of the Automation and Integration tools team with the primary responsibility for automating end to end use cases to simulate key client scenario in test environment, help troubleshoot client issues, and develop automation scripts to validate all published APIs. Additionally, in role you will use your advanced software development skills and experience in prototyping automation with latest open source tools when required and drive automation strategies.
- Design overall product test strategy & develop / execute automation test scripts for Visa Token Services.
- Develop in-house or adopt, and implement any necessary automation tools / utilities to support API, Web UI, or native mobile applications for end to end tests.
- Collaborate with software developers and product teams to understand end to end use cases and work develop automation scripts for validating RestAPI per spec.
- Mentor and train junior engineers, establish and enforce best practices, and perform code reviews.
- Ensure all Visa security & compliance policies are established and followed consistently
- Use your skills in networking, knowledge of http protocols, and experience in programming language to troubleshoot environment, code issues, and follow up for resolution
- Collaborate with remote teams and train them to increase effectiveness and quality of the product
- Visa practices agile methodology, which presents a fast paced and dynamic environment for rapid growth and wide experience.
-Provide thought leadership and through collaborative efforts come up with innovative and efficient solution to routine tasks
- BS in Computer Science or Software Engineering with 8+ years of software development and/or test automation experience
- Experience in working in agile environment with distributed teams is required
- Strong understanding and experience in using object-oriented programming languages such as Java
- Experience writing automation scripts for testing RestAPI using XML/JSON test cases and formulating overall test strategies for the product
- Experienced troubleshooter of applications based on web protocol and RestAPI on Unix platform
- Advanced knowledge of HTTP protocol and Unix OS
- Experience in SQL and shell scripts
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.