Staff Software Engineer - CA Clarity (PPM Tools)
- Austin, TX, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
The Corporate IT (CIT) organization is responsible for all facets of architecture, software development and production support of key internal systems supporting areas such as Finance, Revenue, Treasury, Human Resources, Legal, Contact Center, Project and Portfolio Management, and End User.
Within the CIT organization, the Program and Business Management Office (PBMO) supports program and business management across Corporate IT and supports the Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) tool suite. This position will report to the Director of PPM Tools within the PBMO organization and will be a key contributor to the design, build, test, and configuration of our tool suite.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will:
- Develop innovative systems/applications our users want/need by understanding business needs
and industry trends.
- Demonstrate the solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code
comments and clear code.
- Create and execute test plans prior to release of numerous internal software systems.
- Sign off on releases as they are ready for deployment, including passing test plans.
- Communicate with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet production deadlines.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements,
solution development and proposed solutions.
- Be a designer as well as a fast, efficient coder who is capable of making coding and design decisions.
- Build elegant and maintainable systems that are highly scalable, reliable, and secure with minimal
- Balance creative engineering with high quality and a customer focus.
- Work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time.
- Support QA, UAT, performance testing, integration testing, the migration process, security remediation, and production support.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Influence the technical direction of our products and services.
- Be an ambassador for engineering best practice across the development lifecycle and champion continuous improvement.
- Be a continuous learner who is pro-active in their drive to improve their technical skill and knowledge
and stay on the leading edge of development practices and technological changes in the field of Project and Portfolio Management.
- Be a self-starter who possesses a drive to initiate change and raise the technical bar.
- Make informed, data-driven decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals and brainstorm ideas.
- Work somewhat independently with moderate supervision.
- Ensure alignment to software delivery processes/best practices, and work with project managers to
develop, establish, and maintain project management standards and procedures.
- Support and develop junior and mid-level engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Helps to improve the productivity of the engineering team.
- Assists with interviewing, recruiting and hiring.
- Actively involved in architecture and process improvements.
- Bachelor of Science in computer science field and 8+ years of experience OR Master’s Degree in computer science field and 6+ years of experience.
- Experience designing an automated test environment; experience as a testing engineer.
- Experience with performance, scalability, and reliability testing methodologies.
- Experience with the following technologies XML, .net and SQL
- Experience with CA Clarity required.
- Ability to lead a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Expert knowledge/experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
- Knowledge of database concepts, systems architecture, and data structures.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development and Continuous Deployment.
- Process-oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills; applies both innovation and logic to tackle complex problems.
- Good knowledge of architecture, advanced engineering principles and design patterns.
- Clear, professional communication skills able to contribute to team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions.
- Consistent track record of delivery and excellent software engineering skills.
- Proven ability in delivery of global projects on time and within budget.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must have a strong analytical acumen, problem solving skills, strategic thinking, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
- High degree of business acumen and technical competency; ability to balance and bridge technology and business needs.
- Experience in reviewing technical solution design and evaluation to ensure it meets business
requirements and long term product goals.
- Experience in working with agile lifecycle and tracking and process management tools, e.g. Rally, JIRA.
- Understanding of security best practices.
- Understanding of the test automation framework.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.