Lead QA Engineer (REF8805B)
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The successful candidate will be playing a key role in the VISA Network Processing Platform and Reliability Test Engineering team's Application Platform Facility (APF) Testing stream. The candidate for this position will be responsible for testing system infrastructure solutions for business critical high visibility projects. This position will be based in Foster City. This position is ideal for an experienced Lead QA engineer who is passionate about testing complex and challenging business problems and testing applications that provide an excellent user experience. The role is for a self-motivated individual with expert software engineering skills. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including analyzing business requirements and design documents, development of Test Plans, Test Design and Test cases, design walk-thrus, testing, and coordinating with other application teams for integration/interface testing
- Perform quality assurance testing inclusive of unit, systems, integration, interface and regression testing
- Test planning and Test strategy development using industry best practices
- Collaborate with technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations.
- Build and maintain effective relationships across functional areas in order to provide superior product support
- Participate in design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- Perform walkthrough of QA test results on a need base
- Log software defects in the Visa standard defect tracking tool and work with development team on defect resolution
- Manage QA environments
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards, processes and systems
- Develop new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met
- Foster partnerships with upstream and downstream teams including system analysts, architects, developers, and product owners or clients to ensure alignment and consistency in reducing product risk
- Work with Project managers to provide QA estimates, schedule planning and providing status updates
- Work collaboratively with other QA teams for integration and interface testing activities
- Ensure on-schedule delivery of a high quality product that meets business and technical requirements
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field
- Mainframe experience is required
- 15+ years relevant work experience with functional and non-functional testing of applications under the mainframe environment.
- Hands-on and strong understanding of JCL, TSO , ISPF and other Mainframe tools and utilities
- Strong understanding of Quality Assurance processes and methodologies
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Candidate must be able to proficiently multi-task and be able to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities with minimal direction from management
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation and leadership skills
- Experience in payments Industries
- Experience in testing Clearing and Settlement and/or Application Platform Facility applications
- Experience leading projects from inception through implementation
- Experience in managing complex projects
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong desire to learn new technical skills and grow with latest technical trends.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to work well within a globally distributed team in a high performance organization
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.