- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa's Global Marketing Technology department is responsible for supporting Visa Global Marketing business operations, promotions of Visa's brand, its products and services globally. The Digital Web Analytics team is responsible for assisting and embedding the data driven marketing culture within the enterprise, enhance our digital presence to advance marketing insights, customer engagements and conversion.
This is a Software Engineering technical position. We are looking for passionate, energetic, data-driven, innovative, experienced and technically savvy digital analytics expert that will lead and architect the technical vision for web analytics implementation and reporting, apply domain expertise in information analysis and analytics and develop a standardize testing and reporting framework with ability to generate ad-hoc reports, create code repositories and framework, automate tag deployment, generate a test automation framework and strive to perform continuous improvements and reduce go-to market time from weeks to days. Your performance will be measured by positive improvements in our ability to make data-driven decisions, drive more personalized and effective customer engagement and revenue generation, and your ability to lead and partner with a high-performing cross-functional team. This position requires someone who has deep digital analytics expertise, strong business acumen, innovative mind-set, and an approach of starting with the customer and working backwards.
- Lead and architect technical vision for web analytics implementation, testing and reporting.
- Serve as the "Tagging Architect" by evolving and managing the solution design reference documentation which outlines analytics variables, rules, and use cases across web properties and applications
- Create, manage, and enforce digital analytics tagging standards to ensure robust and consistent data is captured for analysis.
- Develop and implement coding practices for site tagging and follow industry standards
- Implement new analytics tags and strategically migrate old tag framework of GTM into the newly architected tagging framework of Google Tag Manager
- Collaborate with multiple development teams to engineer and manage a digital data layer across Visa's various digital properties (websites and mobile)
- Create best practices framework
- Test and validate the implementation of Google Analytics tagging changes throughout the development lifecycle
- Educate testing teams on the tools and methods to validate digital analytics tagging effectively
- Manage Google Analytics configurations including variables, classifications, and processing rules
- Translate Digital Product Managers' questions into KPIs and that can be measured from tracking user interactions on-site and within our mobile applications
- Assist the Digital Marketing team with managing on-site remarketing tags utilizing Google Tag Manager
- Assist development and marketing teams as a subject matter expert for the Eloqua and Marketo Marketing Automation tools, with a focus on Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Implement third-party tagging with various vendors like - Demandbase, LinkedIn, Facebook, On24, Marketo, Eloqua, etc…
- Leveraging analytics API’s and building automation tools for analytics reporting that includes platforms such as Google Analytics, Eloqua, Marketo(email marketing) etc.
- Conduct user training sessions on GA/GTM implementation to cross functional teams
- Write SQL queries for data extracts and other data analysis needs
- Complete accountability of testing the implementation
- Foster curiosity, creativity and innovative thinking among team members to look externally, challenge assumptions, and promote excellence in a results-driven culture.
- Total 8-10 years of experience in digital marketing analytics space
- 5+ years working with Google Analytics 360 suite with an excellent understanding of digital analytics tagging best practices
- 5+ years experience in digital, ecommerce, web design, digital marketing, analytics or related field
- 4+ years experience working with digital tag manager tools such as Google Tag Manager, Tealium IQ, Adobe Dynamic Tag Manager, Ensighten
- Hands-on experience working on 3rd party tracking implementations using tag manager templates.
- Hands-on experience with one or more web analytics tools such as Google, Omniture SiteCatalyst and debugging tools like Google Tag Assistant, HTTPWatch or WASP
- Experience working with jQuery, Regular Expressions, HTML CSS selectors
- Knowledge of Python/Google BigQuery architecture will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of database and data warehouse/data lake – Oracle, SQL Server, IBM DB2
- Experience working with analytics implementations for Single Page Applications using the Angular or Ember frameworks
- Experience working with analytics implementations for mobile applications (iOS / Android / Windows)
- Experience working with digital data layers and a firm understanding of the W3C CEDDL specification
- Evidence of thought leadership in solving complex technical problems with creative solutions under resource constraints
- Experience in transforming qualitative and quantitative data into actionable recommendations and KPIs
- Must be very organized and able to balance working on multiple projects and small enhancements
- Experience collaborating and communicating across business, technology, and analytics teams
- Must be articulate and inspire commitment to a higher standard
- Manage change with integrity and a spirit of collaboration
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to translate complex analysis into well-structured and simple to understand presentations and recommendations
- Bachelor's Degree with field of study in Marketing, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related field
- Previous experience of working with User Experience and Agile delivery teams would be an advantage
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.