REF9176Z - Senior Staff (Unix) Systems Engineer
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Our Global Systems Engineering group is responsible for engineering and support of the IT infrastructure for Visa Inc. and VisaNet. This includes planning, design, evaluation, installation, deployment, and maintenance of the IT infrastructure for the data centers and office facilities.
Our Senior Staff (Unix) Systems Engineer is an individual contributor role responsible for server deployment, solving complex problems on new server build process and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. In this role, you will serve as a technical/functional specialist and works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
- Design and implement server infrastructure based on business requirements and adhere to tight operations, security, and procedural models
- Operate in complex, highly-secure, and highly-available operations environments and interact with the technology domain experts required to maintain those environments
- Mentor junior team members and further developing ITIL procedures and best practices standards
- Partner closely with other engineering disciplines to develop Infrastructure Building Blocks based Reference Architectures and standards that can be offered as services to our customers
- Design and implementation experience with custom and off-the-shelf application, and help coordinate activities of multiple technology domains in terms of design and deployment
- Assist in the coordination of the activities of multiple technology domains in terms of design and deployment
- Be a part of a 24x7 on-call support rotation
We will consider candidates with the following qualifications:
- Strong technical engineering professional with business acumen; dynamic and hard-working ambitiousness is healthy
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills and experience working in large enterprise operational environments
- Expert knowledge in Unix, Linux, ESX and Cloud Infrastructure along with hardware, software, and applications deployments
- Experience in deploying and maintaining Linux/Unix based servers and applications in a high-available and highly-secure data center environment across various locations
- Extensive HP, Dell and Cisco UCS hardware and OS deployment experience
- Hands-on ESXi, KVM and Hyper-V experience (i.e support, installation and architecture)
- RHCE/RHCA/RHCSA certification or equivalent work experience
- In-depth experience with enterprise class virtualization technologies –x86 Vmware (i.e. support, installation, and architecture)
- Shell Scripting toolset experience and understanding
- Strong process orientation and a solid understanding of server development and testing techniques, methodologies and best practices are the primary requisite for this position
- Automation and server provisioning cloud infrastructure experience preferred
- Strong technical analytical and troubleshooting skills, and possess an ability to explain technical concepts and provide guidance to junior staff
- Experience with system monitoring techniques and tools supporting unattended operations
- Knowledgeable in server end SAN/NAS configuration and troubleshooting
- Knowledgeable in TCPIP networking – NIC teaming, switches, routing and load-balancing
- Ability to write technical design and build documentations for all aspects of a technical infrastructure
- Integration experience with content from other domain areas and construct final technical design documents
- Level 3 support expeirence and effective guidance of level 2 administrators on problem resolution. Exhibit understanding and perform operational acceptance/turnover activities.
- Bachelors/Degree or equivalent experience; typically requires a minimum of 7-10 years of relevant working experience
- Exhibit advanced planning, organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong project management skills
- ITIL certification preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.