- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This position provides editorial support for Visa’s global communications and publications, including weekly email newsletters with hard and fast deadlines. Content includes technology, operational and regulatory information for Visa’s global client base. Responsibilities include comprehensive editing for clarity, grammar, consistency, accuracy and style in a fast-paced environment. Strong project management and customer-service skills are required.
In addition to editing, the position is responsible for managing the communication processes, meeting daily deadlines, and assisting the team with process improvements and documentation. Other responsibilities include keeping current with company and industry knowledge to identify appropriate communication requirements. Other duties as assigned.
Position will work in concert with other editors and report to a managing editor.
· 3+ years of extensive editing and writing experience, preferably in the financial services industry
· Works well under pressure, thriving under tight deadlines
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Ability to multitask, monitor and prioritize assignments
· Team player with the ability to work and communicate effectively
· Experience building relationships across multiple departments and levels of management
· Ability to adapt to change quickly, and effectively tackle unfamiliar tasks and requests
· Excellent oral and written communications
· Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products
· Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, preferably in English, Journalism, Business, or other communications-related field
Preferred additional skills:
· Experience working in a global or multiregional capacity, with strong cross-cultural sensitivities
· Experience adhering to documented standards for copy
· An understanding of Associated Press style guide
· A good eye for design and style in the digital space
· Written knowledge of a secondary language (especially Spanish, Portuguese, French, Chinese, Japanese or Korean)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.