Sr. Production Services Analyst
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and
is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa
facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among
financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial
institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit,
prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide
consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure,
convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and
- Work in the Visa Command Center monitoring the Cybersource and Authorize.net real time production services.
- Gain a solid understanding of the role a payment solution provider holds in the online payment industry and leverage this knowledge to troubleshoot internal and external incidents.
- Lead technical bridges and interact with both technical staff and management during the incident and change management process.
- Provide support for mission critical applications and execute BAU procedures to resolve incidents.
- Ensure the incident management process is followed and all communication requirements are met.
- Support applications in a Windows and Linux environment and troubleshoot network, database and system issues that are often not well documented. Use basic scripting skills to generate reports based on support requests and incidents.
- Manipulate basic SQL queries and shell scripts to provide impact analysis. Work with the team to improve existing queries and scripts.
- Demonstrate an ability to investigate incidents and provide root because analysis based on application behavior and log data.
- Demonstrate the ability to gauge the scope and criticality of impact and take the appropriate actions to handle the situation.
- Interact with second level teams and Customer Support to ensure incidents are closed out and impact is clearly communicated per the process in place.
- Monitor both systems and network performance through various industry standard and custom tools.
- Open and update trouble tickets and answer internal and external phone calls. Interact with 3rd party service providers to resolve incidents and provide root cause analysis.
- Review change activates and upcoming maintenances and coordinate with staff to cover the activities. Identify and raise concerns with upcoming changes to management.
- Identify gaps in existing processes and procedures and work with management and technical teams to propose and implement a solution. Create and update documentation as needed.
- Recycle and validate Windows and Linux services as needed.
- Work with little supervision and assist junior staff in day to day activities.
- Provide guidance and training to junior staff members.
- Review and identify areas for improvement within documented procedures and work with management to implement changes.
- Use sound judgment in evaluating unusual situations and determine the appropriate course of action.
- Strong work ethic, with the ability to work in fast paced, team oriented environment.
- Use sound judgment and good time management in prioritizing work to maintain Cybersource service level agreements and client perception during a crisis situation.
- Interact with the staff during a crisis to ensure that all objectives are met on time.
- Quickly and accurately assess the impact of a major system or application outage and communicate the impact to management.
- Use verbal and written communication skills to ensure that all activities and bridge calls are well coordinated and incidents are accurately documented.
- Bridge the gap between technical staff and management during an incident.
- Act with a sense of urgency to drive incidents to resolution and provide analysis. Identify follow up items and areas for improvement and propose solutions.
- Own projects within the team and drive them to resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline completed. May be a 2 year IT Degree with relevant work experience.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation Certificate is a plus.
- Six Sigma Certification is a plus.
- 4+ years working in a Linux or windows environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft office.
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting highly available systems.
- The ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at once under duress.
- Experience remotely managing Windows and Linux computer systems.
- Proven technical aptitude and a desire to learn is a must.
- Experience with Remedy, Netcool or other industry standard monitoring and ticketing tools.
- Experience with troubleshooting with Perfmon, Riverbed, or other performance monitoring tools.
This is a 24x7 rotating 12 hour shift alternating 3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off.
Required to work OT as requested to cover staff shortages and training.
This is an operational department therefore, you will be required to work
weekends and over the holiday periods as scheduled.