Senior Director – Marketplace & Competitive Intelligence
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Marketplace & Competitive Intelligence Team’s (M&CI) mission:
Create tangible financial impact for Visa by driving better decisions and faster response to global marketplace and competitor moves. Systematically gather and assess information to develop pragmatic insights that drive action and outcomes.
• Lead the U.S. M&CI function, reporting into the Global Head of M&CI
• Identify and assess marketplace and competitive opportunities & threats, inform regional/country strategies
• Proactively identify emerging threats/issues. Serve as corporate “early warning system”.
• Reactively provide POV/implications for competitive actions or market developments.
• Develop pragmatic and actionable recommendations on potential Visa responses/actions. Develop rigorous, fact based, quantitative analysis to support insights. Ensure strategic and financial soundness and alignment for any recommendations
• Generate better decisions and faster response by Visa management to external moves
• Act as a catalyst for senior management (global/regional/functional) to take action
• Communicate recommendations to senior management in a clear, concise and impactful way
• Act like an owner, manage to a prudent budget
• Provide leadership and continuous coaching and training to broader strategy teams
• MBA or relevant graduate degree from top-tier institution or similar academic / professional experience
• Typically requires 10+ years total experience with 8-10+ years of post-graduate experience. Ideal candidate will have a combination of management consulting/corporate strategy and operating experience
• Experience in and/or significant exposure to the payments industry preferred
• Ability to independently lead and manage projects with multiple workstreams, with proven leadership success over a wide variety of functional business problems
• Ability to structure and manage complex cross-enterprise projects and processes with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels
• Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, attention to detail and ability to structure and analyze sophisticated financial modeling
• Experience working with economic theories, strategic and prioritization frameworks, scenarios analysis, and competitive assessments. Knowledge of payment industry revenue drivers a plus.
• Executive presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to leadership and external partners
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility as a "peer" with functional/regional leaders
• Commitment to continuous training and improvement of employees throughout the broader corporate strategy function
• Self-starter, team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities. Ability to function independently in an ambiguous and evolving environment
• Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
The role may be based in either San Francisco or our New York office
The function that this individual performs is key to delivering on Visa’s “Expand Access” strategic pillar. It forms a part of Visa’s Acceptance development, merchant relations, interchange management and industry stakeholder management team. Failure to deliver on those commitments can have a visible and pronounced impact on Visa’s revenues, reputation and brand image, and in some cases, can expose the company to financial liability. Hard work, high integrity and honesty are non-negotiables.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.