Product Analytics Manager (Microstrategy), Global Business Intelligence
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa has built one of the world's most advanced payments networks. It's capable of handling more than 20,000 transactions per second, with reliability, convenience and security. With over 70 billion transactions processed by Visa every year, we have a rich source of data to help our payment industry partners plan for the future.
Visa is a data-driven company from the top down, presenting continuous opportunities for the Analytics and Data Products team to deliver innovative insights and business intelligence solutions. Our internal business intelligence applications are used globally by all business lines to drive product and business strategies, build customer loyalty, and identify new opportunities/threats for Visa and our partners.
The Global Business Intelligence (GBI) team works with internal business teams such as Product, Issuer Sales, Merchant Sales, Product Delivery and others to drive value from Visa's unique global data assets. The Manager, Microstrategy will be a critical member of the GBI team that supports merchant sales and strategy organization, reporting to a Sr. Director within GBI.
In this role, you will interface directly with our internal clients and apply your knowledge of Microstrategy and its capabilties as well as business domain knowledge to build scalable solutions on our platform.
The position will be based at Visa's headquarters in Foster City, California.
· Work with manager and clients to fully understand business requirements and desired business outcomes
· Assist in scoping and designing BI dashboards and solutions. Contribute to brainstorming sessions
· Execute analytic projects ranging from small to large either individually or as part of a project team
· Ensure project delivery within timelines and budget requirements
· Keep an eye out for opportunities to create and automate repeatable analyses or build self-service tools for business users
· Perform other tasks on an as-needed basis
We are looking for a strong analytic thinker and problem solver, with a blend of skills:
Business skills and general qualities:
· Ability to execute fast-paced and dynamic projects in a highly organized manner on a tight schedule
· Articulate communicator able to translate data and technical concepts for a business audience
· Know or be willing to learn project management skills and techniques
· Team oriented, energetic, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style
· Demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, strong attention to detail, strong focus on accuracy of deliverables
· Intellectually curious and continuously striving to learn
· Bachelors degree in a technical discipline
· Skilled in MicroStrategy with specific skills on developing visually appealing dashboards
· Strong SQL writing skills and experience
· Knowledge of BI and data warehousing principles, including data modeling, ETL process, job scheduling and indexing
· Real world experience using Hadoop and related query engines (Hive / Impala) would be a nice-to-have
· Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor.
· Must work well in highly collaborative, matrixed and team oriented environment
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.