- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Products organization drives consumer product innovation and development for Visa in Malaysia. The group identifies, prioritizes and builds alliances and solutions for new products, platforms and market segment penetration. The team focuses on product/service strategy, market development, product innovation and development, product deployment, enhancements management and strategic alliances.
The Director of Core Products contribute to the strategies, plans, develop and implements product, product platform customization / digitization and core customer segment value propositions for clients and partners in Malaysia. The role partners with client product organizations to enhance and/or launch products; develops and implements core and customized product features; manages selected vendor and merchant partner relationships, and works with Visa internal stakeholders on product development and management.
- As part of Malaysia Market core product team and in a fast evolving payment landscape and regulatory framework challenges, to be able to understand partners (issuers and merchants) business priorities, strategies and establish key performance indicators so as to develop, launch Visa product platforms / core customer segment value propositions within 4-party open platform model;
- Strategize, plan and implement core product platform features, product platform customizations / digitization (with end to end optimized consumer UI and UE), merchant offers– including building business cases on investment and returns;
- Explore, manage and coordinate vendors and merchant partners to deliver product platform features on-time and on-budget;
- Build strong working relationships with issuers and ensure a high level of satisfaction with product platform and project implementation which ultimately leads to new issuance mandate winning as well as net increase CIF of launched products;
- Track cardholder utilization and results of products/programs and make timely tactical changes in response to changing consumer and issuer landscape;
- Identify, initiate and support research needs and implement product or consumer segment research projects, in conjunction with Marketing and Hub Products
- Collaborate with Visa internal stakeholders to deliver performance goals including but not limited to Business Development, Merchant Sales and Services, Hub Products, Digital Deployment and Solutions, Marketing, Operations, Sourcing, Compliance, Legal and Finance
- To assist in developing & evolving the Malaysia consumer product strategy and solutions including but not limited to consumer value proposition, product rules, pricing, system infrastructure capabilities and thought leadership materials
- Work with local, regional and global Visa teams, clients, and partners to develop premium platforms and core consumer value proposition;
- Work with CRMs and Clients on Core Product value propositions ensuring alignment to Client business objectives of new account origination, onboarding, activation and digital channel usage;
- Support client engagement by working with CRMs on meaningful Client engagement decks leveraging Client centric segment value proposition and platform capabilities
- Identify in consultation with CRMs and Clients product enhancements or new products requiring new platform support and engages Loyalty & Offer solutions as well as Digital Deployment and Solutions to source, develop or build
- Develop new products that address segment needs, where they are defined as priorities in client plans
- Drive the collaboration, co-creation and co-development with local Fintech players & financial institution in close coordination with internal innovation and partnership teams
- To execute the Malaysia Business Plan, to ensure initiative, budgets and KPIs are met consistently.
- Minimum of 10+ years of progressive experience in the payments, e-Commerce or financial services industry
- Deep understanding & exposure to technology, payments, e-commerce, with relevant business development and delivery experience
- Excellence executing and strong self-learning and tactical multi-clients / project management experience and capability
- Ability to work within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to drive initiatives and implement solutions in a dynamic payments industry
- Self-starter with strong results-orientation, sound business judgment, and strong communication skills
- Good People Manager and team player: team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible
- Client-facing experience, with strong negotiation/influence and presentation skills
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written)
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree is highly preferred
- Prefer to be based in Kuala Lumpur