Business Development Manager
- Jakarta, Indonesia
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Reporting to the Head of Sales, Indonesia, this role requires the incumbent to be a lateral thinker with initiative, a flexible can-do attitude, multi-tasking capabilities and takes ownership of their work. You must be a confident and friendly communicator with the desire to add value at different levels within organization. The ability to be enthusiastic and work in a matrixed environment reporting to more than one person. It is important to thoroughly learn all aspects of the payment business and have the ability to understand the impact of issues across all business units.
- Responsible for partnering with financial institutions to develop and implement product and strategies to:
- Increase payment volume from existing accounts and win new accounts
- Increase revenues from existing accounts and win new accounts
- Increase the Client Satisfaction rating
- Drive eCommerce growth and merchant acceptance
- Champion and lead digital innovation and be capable of leading technical conversations with clients
- Working closely with cross functional Marketing, Product, Merchant Sales and Solutions and other functions, you will be responsible for championing and leading the marketing and product development of
- New product penetration within current and new accounts or
- Expanding the penetration of existing products within current and new accounts or
- Coordinate appropriate product implementation based upon account strategies.
- Responsible for developing and ensuring the implementation of team, country and regional goals
- Build relationships with influencers & decision makers of key clients so as to influence their preference for VISA
- Understand Client Business Strategies, Priorities, Needs Processes, present to them strategic ideas and share Visa’s views on Industry developments and dynamics and advice Client how Visa Products can impact and improve their results.
- Identify new business development/ product opportunities at the group level and then champion, develop and prioritize proposals and sell-in strategies
- Develop the team’s business development strategies and map these strategies into individual member plans
- Manage client’s financial performance and ensure alignment with regional budget process
- Ensure high level of Client Satisfaction and Client Engagement Survey Scores.
- Recognized degree preferably in Business Management
- More than 5 years of proven sales and relationship management, including setting strategic direction in a relevant industry especially in Consumer Banking.
- Payments / Digital / Corporate Sales experience preferred
- Fluency in Indonesian and English both spoken and written
- Good in Financial Budgeting and Project management.
- Deal structuring, negotiation, documentation and execution
- Sharp and good business acumen with good analytical skill
- Knowledge of payments systems and the cards industry
- Product positioning and marketing skills
- Excellent business consultation and influencing skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent MS Office knowledge
- Knowledge of payments systems including Visa and card industry
- Strategic thinking combined with good business acumen
- Strong account, management and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills
- Digital mindset and adaptive leadership
- Self-driven, Positive and result orientated team player
- Self-starter with a commitment to learn and a sense of curiosity
- Adept operating in a highly multi-national, matrixed organization
- Ability to navigate and work in ambiguous situations