Staff QA Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
As a Staff QA Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
• Understand complex software system architecture and design, develop and execute tests to reveal problems
• Design and implement reusable automated test frameworks to drive test automation goals and to support continuous integration and regression testing. Utilize and extend existing test automation test harnesses.
• Report meaningful results with robust first level analysis of issues
• Partner with technical teams to facilitate troubleshooting of issues
• Integrate automated acceptance tests as part of the Agile SDLC
• Work with the team to increase the test coverage using various tools
• Interface with Product Management, Project Management, Software Development, and Quality Engineers to ensure that a high quality product is delivered which meets or exceeds all published guidelines
• Collaborate with developers to improve testability, automation, and tools
• Ability to challenge the status quo that leads to continuous implementations of innovations and efficiencies that have make an impact across the entire product line.
What it takes:
· Attention to detail: The capability to perform any research systematically and accurately
· Curiosity: A desire to seek clarity of requirements and why tasks are done a certain way
· Creativity: The ability to take a list of needs and insights and come up with other innovative ideas.
· Strategic focus: Skill to understand big picture and stay focused on task to achieve goals
· Communication: Excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player.
· Enthusiasm: A passion to understand people and deliver better products and services to them
· Strong work ethic: The innate drive to do work extremely well
· Excellence: Passion for high quality and efficiency
· Evangelism: Be Comfortable leading meetings and discussions with non-technical teams.
· Leadership: Proven track record of responsibilities as a technical lead
· Mentorship: A guide who can coach and mentor team members.
• 5+ years of experience in QA automation and/or development
• Strong understanding of Agile, Scrum, and Quality Assurance processes and methodologies
• Must have experience with automation tools like Parasoft, SOA Tests, Junit, TestNG, Cucumber & Selenium.
• Experience with SQL, UNIX, Linux & Windows environments
• Exposure to testing APIs, Web Services and/or batching applications
• Knowledge of scripting languages will be a plus (Perl, Python, shell script)
• Have demonstrable experience in leading testing effort on large-scale software projects
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
CyberSource, a Visa company, is a global leader in e-Commerce Payment Management. As part of CyberSource™s continued growth and expansion we are looking for talented, articulate and bright individuals who want to make a difference.
CyberSource has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. CyberSource offers a full-service payment management platform for e-commerce merchants, combining global payment processing, fraud management and payment security systems.
CyberSource is a subsidiary of Visa Inc. CyberSource operates in Europe under agreement with Visa Europe.