LEAD Java/Big Data Developer (Technologist)
- Austin, TX
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorship's, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Geospatial Location Services team in Austin, TX is looking for a lead developer who is proficient in Java with good knowledge/exposure to Big Data technologies (Hadoop and Spark ecosystems), web technologies (MVC frameworks web services etc.), excellent communication skills and ability to design and develop well-written, maintainable software. This work involves development of Java software for data processing with both RDBMS databases (Oracle), as well as Hadoop (Hive). Further work may involve the evolution of existing ETL processes into new Hadoop based data-pipelines. Experience with Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, and Scala would be a plus. Prior experience with medium to large-scale Hadoop based data pipelines is preferred.
- Design, develop, document and implement new programs, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software
- Develop unit and integration tests and oversee execution
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
- Build and maintain relationships with global and virtual teams and third parties on software development or support issues
- Lead development and oversee programming and testing functions to ensure that projects are securely delivered and fulfill expectations
- Understand the positioning of a solution within the company and to build a plan to effectively gain buy-in from all participants
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes
- Exercises independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field required
• 10+ years experience required
• 7+ years Java experience required.
- Scala experience desired 4+ years Big Data (Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Solr) is desired
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.