Sr Software Engineer- Site Reliability Engineering
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
We dream of a future where it's easy to pay and be paid. Across the planet. Where ever. Whenever. Securely. Easily. We have a great toolbox of flagship technologies including Cybersource and
Authorize.net. Together, we are building leading edge, full-service Payment Management solutions combining global payment processing, fraud management and payment security systems.
The Site Reliability Engineering team is looking for a talented Engineer to be part of Merchant and Acquirer Processing in Bangalore, India.
This Engineer will be expected to build in-depth expertise on the 24*7 systems of MAP that support our merchants. This expertise is essential in order to support issues within SLAs for established issue priorities, fix issues, working closely with development and product to improve the overall development process, and build and test next-generation monitoring tools to reduce mean-time-to-detect issues. Additionally, this engineer will build tools to automate production support activities that enable efficiency and productivity of the team. This role has on-call responsibilities.
- 3+ years' experience in Software Development or Test Engineering, with hands-on experience in atleast one technology stack.
- 3+ years of professional work experience in highly scalable web services.
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, and implementing major components for large projects.
- Understanding of Disaster Recovery methodologies will be a plus.
- Experience working with Agile development process.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of monitoring tools like Splunk/Keynote will be a plus.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science or a related Field, Masters is a plus.
- Experience working in 24*7 environments will be key to this role.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.